Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 11-22-2007, 02:19 PM   #31
msundman
Zealot
msundman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.msundman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.msundman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: FBReader on Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
I do not know how it works but it is perfectly possible that the setup has to be done just before the change.
What reason could there possibly be for that? Seriously, I can't think of anything that a capacitor or at most a memory change couldn't fix.
msundman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 03:20 AM   #32
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Bookeen has read my review and were surprised to hear me say, that the iLiads display was better than the CyBooks. According to their experience, it is the other way around. I will try to verify this, when i get my hands on another CyBook. Maybe my display is a bad one, which would mean, that even the bad ones are pretty good

And obviously they did not agree with my statement, that the CyBook is the secondbest on the market.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2007, 03:30 AM   #33
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribble View Post
Bookeen has read my review and were surprised to hear me say, that the iLiads display was better than the CyBooks. According to their experience, it is the other way around. I will try to verify this, when i get my hands on another CyBook. Maybe my display is a bad one, which would mean, that even the bad ones are pretty good
I'd say that my iLiad and Gen3's displays are pretty much on a par with one another. Neither clearly stands out as being better or worse.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 03:44 AM   #34
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I'd say that my iLiad and Gen3's displays are pretty much on a par with one another. Neither clearly stands out as being better or worse.
Do you have a V1 or V2 iLiad? How do you compare the black and white faces of the devices. Do you see speckles? Do you think that fonts are crisper on the iLiad? I am curious to know.
Old 11-23-2007, 08:44 AM   #35
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It's a v1, but a late one (bought in August). Yes, I'd say that fonts are crisper on the iLiad (perhaps due to its 16 grey-scales), but the Gen3's background is "whiter" so it balances out. No, I don't see speckles on either device. Neither machine has any "ghosting" at all.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2007, 09:07 AM   #36
tribble
iLiad Maniac

Interesting. I will have to compare it with another CyBook then.