Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-28-2011, 04:25 PM   #76
RDaneel54
Aging Positronic Brain
RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Oasis; iPhone, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by voracious71 View Post
I bought two. The Kindle Fire and the $79 one. I'm in the process of selling some of my other readers(the Sony 350, the NC, and possibly the KT).

I was very happy to see that they had so many options for people. Namely, that they kept the keyboard models while coming out with 2 other styles. Also, I think the KF will do very well.
Very good point. I was also pleased to see the keyboard models are being kept. This is different; before it was just replace the current models, now it is supplement with more choices.
RDaneel54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 04:27 PM   #77
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1988 View Post
What about your sony 950??
I'm not kicking that to the curb! That's my everyday reader because of the large screen. The Kindle is really a replacement for the Kobo Touch I sold. Simply another device to add to the mix. It takes nothing away from the Sony.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2011, 04:31 PM   #78
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking
Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Pocketbook Era
hee hee Mobile Read Kindle forum is on Fire

hey I'm excited too to read all this although I'm in Europe so no can do. Anyway I bought K3 in July and I will keep it for a while. Even IF I could order (which I can't)
Chi Cygni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 04:36 PM   #79
RDaneel54
Aging Positronic Brain
RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Oasis; iPhone, iPad Mini
Awww, I got burned by the Fire. Just ordered one. Hope I don't spend too much on content!!!
RDaneel54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 04:38 PM   #80
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi Cygni View Post
hee hee Mobile Read Kindle forum is on Fire

hey I'm excited too to read all this although I'm in Europe so no can do. Anyway I bought K3 in July and I will keep it for a while. Even IF I could order (which I can't)
I'm not sure why they aren't available outside the USA. Perhaps because it is easier to maintain the International Space Station than to satisfy all the different countries and their specific trade law requirements. Hopefully they will get them to the international market soon.
Advert
Old 09-28-2011, 04:38 PM   #81
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Bought the Kindle Fire, and having it sent to my US address. I won't be able to view videos here, but I end up having to go to the US often enough that it's still worth it.

No interest in the Touch. I'll stick with my Kindle 3G model. Works everywhere, has a keyboard, and I can live with the 5-way, though it is a pain for web pages.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 04:45 PM   #82
nickinev
Enthusiast
nickinev is a jewel in the roughnickinev is a jewel in the roughnickinev is a jewel in the roughnickinev is a jewel in the roughnickinev is a jewel in the roughnickinev is a jewel in the roughnickinev is a jewel in the roughnickinev is a jewel in the roughnickinev is a jewel in the roughnickinev is a jewel in the roughnickinev is a jewel in the rough

Device: iPhone 4, iPad 1, K4, and Kindle Fire
I ordered the Fire and Touch 3G. I had ordered a nook color from overstock when they were only $159 and realized the screen was defective (yellow bleed on the left side), so I sent it back yesterday. I really like the portability of the 7" size, so I know I'll be happy with the Fire. I can't wait to try it out. I'm going back and forth on the touch though. I was going to just get wifi, but I do like the convenience of the 3g.

Nicole
nickinev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 05:12 PM   #83
Cavestory
Cavestory began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
ordered:

Kindle Touch, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display - includes Special Offers & Sponsored Screensavers

Kindle Touch Lighted Leather Cover, Black

can't wait!
Cavestory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 05:20 PM   #84
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking
Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
I'm not sure why they aren't available outside the USA. Perhaps because it is easier to maintain the International Space Station than to satisfy all the different countries and their specific trade law requirements. Hopefully they will get them to the international market soon.
nah, fine with me (or rather with my credit card ) I already have too many toys. Besides European Union may have one regulation anyway. We have regulations for everything, apparently carrots are fruit here
Anyway would have bought 3G touch in a heartbeat <drool> K3 was issued for Europe with delay so I'm quite sure it's up Amazon sleeve for later.
Old 09-28-2011, 05:24 PM   #85
seajewel
Fanatic
seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-950
I placed an order for the Kindle Touch 3G SO. I may cancel that pre-order depending on reviews of the Sony T1, and whatever B&N announces, but I've really wanted a "free 3G" device, and this is my chance. I still wish it supported epub, had the option to put your own fonts on the device, and to adjust margins/line spacing/indenting, but that free 3G is so tempting.

But then I think that now that I have an iphone, the free 3G is kinda pointless. I probably just like the idea more than I would actually use it in reality.
seajewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 05:28 PM   #86
Polyphemus
I am not The Stig
Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK-3g; PRS-350; Galaxy Tab 7.0+; Galaxy Tab 3 10.1
I ordered a Fire and a 3G Touch-SO, along with a cover for each. I'm trying to decide which one I really want and I figure I have about six weeks to make up my mind. I'll cancel the one I decide against.
Polyphemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 05:29 PM   #87
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by seajewel View Post
I placed an order for the Kindle Touch 3G SO. I may cancel that pre-order depending on reviews of the Sony T1, and whatever B&N announces, but I've really wanted a "free 3G" device, and this is my chance. I still wish it supported epub, had the option to put your own fonts on the device, and to adjust margins/line spacing/indenting, but that free 3G is so tempting.

But then I think that now that I have an iphone, the free 3G is kinda pointless. I probably just like the idea more than I would actually use it in reality.
I actually sold my Kindle wifi a month ago, just because the 3G. It is extremely convenient. The one I own now is the Kindle 3G without ads.

Also, if at some point you travel outside of USA, you will find it even more useful then.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 06:01 PM   #88
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking

anybody wonders if JSWolf is ordering one of them too?

lol, sowwy, couldn't resist
Old 09-28-2011, 06:31 PM   #89
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeebra View Post
Fantastic series, along with Foundation one of my favorites.
Just finished the first book of the Foundation Trilogy that I'm re-reading.

Just ordered the WSO non-touch because:
1- I like light.
2- Don't use my keyboard.
3- Smaller memory is no problem. I only keep 10-12 book on my K3 at time.
4- My wife asked where the "undo last touch button" was on the Kindle Touch. (She has frigidity fingers.)

Regards - John

Last edited by Jabby; 09-28-2011 at 06:44 PM.
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 07:11 PM   #90
Scarpad
Addict
Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ordered a $79 Kindle and a Fire. I prefer Buttons on my E-ink reader rather than touchscreen.
Scarpad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon, android, fire, kindle