Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-06-2011, 01:21 AM   #1
ben-ari
ben-ari knows the complete value of PI to the endben-ari knows the complete value of PI to the endben-ari knows the complete value of PI to the endben-ari knows the complete value of PI to the endben-ari knows the complete value of PI to the endben-ari knows the complete value of PI to the endben-ari knows the complete value of PI to the endben-ari knows the complete value of PI to the endben-ari knows the complete value of PI to the endben-ari knows the complete value of PI to the endben-ari knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: Kindle 3
Founders of Israel Custom Screen Savers

I got a Kindle 3 a couple of weeks ago and just got around to jailbreaking it tonight - the main impetus being that I wanted custom screen savers.

I'm not sure if anyone here would be interested in these, but here is a zip of nine of the founding fathers (or very influential) Israelis. More to come if people want.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Benjamin_Netanyahu.png
Views:	212
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	64182   Click image for larger version

Name:	David_Ben-Gurion.png
Views:	181
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	64183   Click image for larger version

Name:	Levi_Eshkol.png
Views:	183
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	64184   Click image for larger version

Name:	Menachem_Begin.png
Views:	186
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	64185   Click image for larger version

Name:	Moshe_Dayan.png
Views:	187
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	64186   Click image for larger version

Name:	Shimon_Peres.png
Views:	197
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	64187   Click image for larger version

Name:	Theodor_Herzl.png
Views:	164
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	64188   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yitzhak_Rabin.png
Views:	208
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	64189   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zeev_Jabotinsky.png
Views:	215
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	64190  
Attached Files
File Type: zip Israeli Founding Fathers Screen Savers.zip (3.14 MB, 150 views)
ben-ari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 01:43 AM   #2
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
welcome to the forums!

Beautiful tribute you have made there!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2011, 06:40 AM   #3
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
TBH this forum is the last place where I thought to see something like that.

Welcome to the Forum!

astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 08:40 AM   #4
nimblem
Addict
nimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the rough

Device: Pocket Pro, Kindle Dx
Why is that Astra? People post their screen savers all the time here.
nimblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 09:21 AM   #5
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimblem View Post
Why is that Astra? People post their screen savers all the time here.
Difficult to explain
Advert
Old 01-06-2011, 09:24 AM   #6
nimblem
Addict
nimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the rough

Device: Pocket Pro, Kindle Dx
Surly you aren't stereo-typing an entire country in a negative aspect.
nimblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 09:31 AM   #7
astra
The Introvert

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimblem View Post
Surly you aren't stereo-typing an entire country in a negative aspect.
No, I cant.
My parents live there
Old 01-06-2011, 09:43 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Moderator Notice
No politics here, please. Take it to the P&R forum if you want to discuss political issues.

Thanks
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 10:17 AM   #9
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
My Hebrew is a bit rusty but I presume that the Hebrew letters are not saying "Slide the power switch" (g)
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 10:22 AM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
One thing I never would have thought to have seen is a collection of images for eink of a bunch of old men.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:26 AM   #11
astra
The Introvert

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
My Hebrew is a bit rusty but I presume that the Hebrew letters are not saying "Slide the power switch" (g)
Only names.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:03 PM   #12
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
No politics here, please. Take it to the P&R forum if you want to discuss political issues.

Thanks
I don't think it was becoming political Harry, I think Astra was pleasantly surprised as he is Jewish and from Israel
Old 01-06-2011, 01:07 PM   #13
gollu
Unsullied
gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i
Allow me to LOL hard! I like the idea and the pictures, but including Netanyahu is somewhat a stretch as the guy wasn't even born when Israel was founded (and that's a historical fact, not a political rant )
gollu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 01:48 PM   #14
astra
The Introvert

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
I don't think it was becoming political Harry, I think Astra was pleasantly surprised as he is Jewish and from Israel
Thanks

You know me
Old 01-06-2011, 01:50 PM   #15
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
Thanks

You know me
yep! ;o)