Notices

Old 01-27-2017, 02:09 PM   #1681
helour
Enthusiast
helour began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M96, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The file you want is "container.py". It's probably enough to add the other "close quote" characters into the regex at line 215. And as an ellipse can be used at the end of a sentence, it probably should be in there as well. The statement is probably:
Code:
                groups = re.split(ur'(.*?[\.\!\?\:…][\'"\u201d\u2019“]?\s*)',
                                  text,
                                  flags=re.UNICODE | re.MULTILINE)
Thanks, it works well . BTW, I prefer this (more readable) form:
Code:
groups = re.split(ur'(.*?[\.\!\?\:\u2026][\'"\u2019\u201C\u201D]?\s*)', 
                                  text,
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
And for confirmation, can you point to a book in the Kobo store that uses this style of quotes? We can then check that what we do agrees with Kobo does.
The book (in Czech language) with this end quotation mark u\201C wasn't downloaded from the Kobo store .
helour is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2017, 07:01 PM   #1682
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Touch, Glo, Aura H2O, Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by helour View Post
Thanks, it works well . BTW, I prefer this (more readable) form:
Code:
groups = re.split(ur'(.*?[\.\!\?\:\u2026][\'"\u2019\u201C\u201D]?\s*)', 
                                  text,
Goo, and using the codes here is probably easier to understand.
Quote:
The book (in Czech language) with this end quotation mark u\201C wasn't downloaded from the Kobo store .
I wasn't expecting it to have come from Kobo. But, I was hoping you knew of a book in the store that used the same type of quotation. That way we could check that the way the plugin handles them is the same as the way Kobo does. Looking at free book or a preview should do. The problem is usually finding a suitable example.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 07:05 AM   #1683
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kindle Paperwhite 2
Can you upload the book with the funny quotes and ellipses to https://www.dropbox.com/request/7BGiDUmv8MR4ZwG55e2T so I can take a look?

Yes, conversion code for one plugin does update the other.
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 07:29 AM   #1684
helour
Enthusiast

Finally, I've found a german book (German language uses such end quotation marks) with "the funny quotes" on the Kobo store.
Old 01-28-2017, 07:36 AM   #1685
helour
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoguen View Post
Can you upload the book with the funny quotes and ellipses to https://www.dropbox.com/request/7BGiDUmv8MR4ZwG55e2T so I can take a look?
Done . It is on the dropbox now.
Old 02-11-2017, 10:03 PM   #1686
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kindle Paperwhite 2
@helour: Sorry for the delay, I've been pretty busy. Can you install the file attached to this post and let me know if it fixes the problem for you? It looks OK to me, but I'd like to make sure before I post an update
Attached Files
File Type: zip KoboTouchExtended.zip (29.5 KB, 13 views)
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote