Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-28-2011, 11:42 AM   #16
Daveoc64
Groupie
Daveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 (LTE)
Just to note, the "Kindle Keyboard" (and "Kindle Keyboard 3G") is still being sold at the same price as before.

The Kindle DX is also still going.

Last edited by Daveoc64; 09-28-2011 at 11:44 AM.
Daveoc64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 11:42 AM   #17
Harry_Y
Addict
Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle DX, Galaxy Tab 2
Interesting,

But I sure hope they continue the models with the Keyboard on them
Harry_Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 11:43 AM   #18
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybermidas View Post
I have bought K3 1.5 months back..can I change this for kindle touch??
You can always try, but I doubt Amazon will do that beyond the 30 day return period. But you will never know unless you ask.
Old 09-28-2011, 11:53 AM   #19
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
I ordered two Fires for the children (ages 9 and 11). This is what the NOOKcolor should've been. If I was in the market for a 7" tablet I would certainly get one and a Touch 3G. NOOKcolor can't compete with no content and lacking app store.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 12:03 PM   #20
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Just ordered a K Touch (to compare with my K3 - see if it is worth upgrading to it - I look up so much stuff on Wikipedia) & a Fire (I buy 99% of my media from Amazon - so being locked in isn't a problem for me) - will compare with my Transformer & see which I like better.

Early birthday & Xmas presents for me if I keep them!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 12:10 PM   #21
tlc
Zealot
tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: KK 3G, iPad
I pre-ordered the Fire. I figure I have a few weeks to change my mind. I am a little worried about how locked-down it is to the Amazon environment. I prefer some flexibility.

I'll probably wait to get hands-on with the new e-ink models. Not sure if I can read the touch screen one one-handed.
tlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 12:14 PM   #22
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
I put pre-orders in for a touch 3G and a touch wi-fi because
I CAN'T DECIDE!!!!!!! I need to cancel one of them.

I've always swore I'd hate a touch e-Reader, but that $79 one without a keyboard doesn't look like it'd fit my needs.

I'm considering a Fire for my oldest son's Christmas present. I can't decide on that either.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 12:16 PM   #23
Zapped
Enthusiast
Zapped began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Ordered Kindle Fire. Delivery estimate is Nov 17 2011 with free shipping. I'm looking forward to exploring the new Amazon browser but also hoping it's hacked pretty quickly into a vanilla Android tablet. Dual-core processor with 7" screen for $199 - sure glad I held off on getting a refurb Nook Color!

Also ordered new $79 Kindle to replace my DW's tired old Sony reader. Delivery estimate Sep 30 2011 with free two-day shipping.
Zapped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 12:17 PM   #24
OtterBooks
Wizard
OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4, iPad Mini/Retina
Someone bought me a Fire as a thanks for a previous Amazon stock tip that has done quite well for her. My K3 is fine, but since I got the Fire for free, I splurged on the Kindle Button, sans SO. $109 is a nice price. Also ordered the Amazon cover for the Kindle, but it doesnt ship for a month.
OtterBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 12:18 PM   #25
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtterBooks View Post
Someone bought me a Fire as a thanks for a previous Amazon stock tip...
Congrats! That's a very nice thank you.
Old 09-28-2011, 12:30 PM   #26
JaneD
Addict
JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2013
Not ordered yet, I'm pretty happy with my K3. But the Fire is kind of calling my name. Let's see how long I can resist her siren call...
JaneD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 12:36 PM   #27
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
I ordered two Fires for the children (ages 9 and 11). This is what the NOOKcolor should've been. If I was in the market for a 7" tablet I would certainly get one and a Touch 3G. NOOKcolor can't compete with no content and lacking app store.
Your a good mom! I just ordered one for my grandson. If I like it, I may order one for myself, though I really don't need one at present. His may change my mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Just ordered a K Touch (to compare with my K3 - see if it is worth upgrading to it - I look up so much stuff on Wikipedia) & a Fire (I buy 99% of my media from Amazon - so being locked in isn't a problem for me) - will compare with my Transformer & see which I like better.

Early birthday & Xmas presents for me if I keep them!
A KindleFire AND a Kindle Touch. I am not worthy! Let us know how you like the touch keyboard, and whether the passage-copying and annotation abilities are as good as on the K-3.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 12:36 PM   #28
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
I ordered the touch with SO, and the green lighted cover.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 12:41 PM   #29
voracious71
Addict
voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Kindle PW4, Kobo Clara
I bought two. The Kindle Fire and the $79 one. I'm in the process of selling some of my other readers(the Sony 350, the NC, and possibly the KT).

I was very happy to see that they had so many options for people. Namely, that they kept the keyboard models while coming out with 2 other styles. Also, I think the KF will do very well.
voracious71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 12:43 PM   #30
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by voracious71 View Post
... I'm in the process of selling some of my other readers(the Sony 350, the NC, and possibly the KT).
That's how you do it!

Tags
amazon, android, fire, kindle