Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 11-16-2009, 09:50 AM   #1
*Angie*
Bookish
*Angie* doesn't litter*Angie* doesn't litter

Device: Kobo, Sony PRS-300
ebook reader on tv's "Castle"

Does anyone here watch the tv show Castle? I watch it every week, and on the most recent episode I noticed that the main character, Castle (played by Nathan Fillian), who is an author on the show was reading on an ebook reader! Very cool. They didn't show the screen, so it was hard to tell exactly which reader it was. The top power slide button made me think it was maybe a Sony reader, though.

I just thought it was neat to see a reader being used on a tv show like that!
*Angie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 10:28 AM   #2
jenieliser
Groupie
jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2019, Kobo Libra H2O
Sweet! I love that show! I totally missed that though. I noticed the book about Nikki Heat was on Sony's ebook store immediately when it was released. Pretty cool. Do you think you'd read the book?
jenieliser is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2009, 11:31 AM   #3
*Angie*
Bookish
*Angie* doesn't litter*Angie* doesn't litter

Device: Kobo, Sony PRS-300
I actually already bought the book! LOL I haven't read it yet, but it's on my current short list of "need to read soon" books. I'd love to know which author actually wrote it. I like to think it's one of the real-life authors that Castle plays poker with!
*Angie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 11:39 AM   #4
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
I read in the USA Today last week that the person who wrote it was already on the show and then the article mentioned his poker buddies are all real authors so they were hinting it is one of them.

Its a really enjoyable show
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 05:48 PM   #5
DDHarriman
Guru
DDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura about

Device: Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS 505, Kindle DXG and Samsung Galaxy Note
Hi

It’s the 8th episode of the second season: “Kill the messenger”.
The scene where he is reading on an eBook reader appears really in the end of the episode, and yes it’s impossible to recognize the model - they keep it perpendicular to the camera and one is never able to see the screen…

Castle (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Castle) likes to have poker sessions with his writer buddies, and yes they do appear as themselves, at least James Patterson, Stephen J. Cannell and Michael Connelly do… very funny having they argument with Castle (the actor Nathan Fillion) about the supposed real crimes he is involved in the episodes.

Best regards,
DDHarriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2009, 10:17 PM   #6
Billjr13
Addict
Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 700 & 650
The Heat Wave book is fun lite reading. It is very much in the style/voice of the show. I could not help, when reading it to seee the main characters in my mind. If you like the show you should enjoy the book. My vote is that Connelly is the author.
Billjr13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 10:46 PM   #7
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
I've come across this show... but only the last 4-5 episodes are on Hulu... I don't know why places do that... it's so lame.

I guess I will have to go a torenting....

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 12:19 AM   #8
yekim54
What the Dog Saw
yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Surface3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDHarriman View Post
It’s the 8th episode of the second season: “Kill the messenger”. The scene where he is reading on an eBook reader appears really in the end of the episode, and yes it’s impossible to recognize the model - they keep it perpendicular to the camera and one is never able to see the screen…
Here's a video cap of the scene.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	castle.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	39398  
yekim54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 12:49 AM   #9
wpeace
Seer
wpeace began at the beginning.

Device: Nook WP7 Pocket PC/SmartQ7/Pocket Pro/A5A iPad Streak 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
I've come across this show... but only the last 4-5 episodes are on Hulu... I don't know why places do that... it's so lame.

I guess I will have to go a torenting....

BOb
You can find all the episodes at http://www.abc.com as well as excerpts from the book.
wpeace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 12:49 AM   #10
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Being a Firefly fan, I am surprised I knew nothing of this show (or the book) until reading this thread.

Like PilotBOb, I have only seen the hulu episodes, but I like it! And I figure I will buy the book... even though it is slim edition, it sounds like fun.

Which is, BTW, my middle name.

"fun" that is.

My last name is Pacinstillinskidaminus. But that is neither here.

Nor there.
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 02:11 AM   #11
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Donnageddon:

if you were a Firefly fan there is an episode where "Castle" is off to a Halloween party and goes dressed as his character from Firefly...yeah, hokey but still funny.

It's fun series and takes itself lightly...

FYI, I am still PO'd the 86'd Firefly and no studio ever picked the show up...sorry that was OT. I did notice the reader in the new episode.
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 02:37 AM   #12
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by brecklundin View Post
Donnageddon:

if you were a Firefly fan there is an episode where "Castle" is off to a Halloween party and goes dressed as his character from Firefly...yeah, hokey but still funny.
I saw that episode! Hilarious!

"Space Cowboy!"

"There are no cows in space, and didn't you wear this five years ago"

"Well, I like it"
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 02:39 AM   #13
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
hahahaha....yeah, I had to do a double take as I had it in a small window while working.
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 10:11 AM   #14
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpeace View Post
You can find all the episodes at http://www.abc.com as well as excerpts from the book.
I'm sorry, can you tell me how? I just went there...and while it lists all the episodes I can only seem to be able to view the last five from season two.. the same ones available on Hulu. ABC does this for almost all their shows and I know not why.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 01:22 PM   #15
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by yekim54 View Post
Here's a video cap of the scene.
Looks like a Kindle to me. (I'm holding up my broken one, in softcover, at the same angle.)

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote