Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

View Poll Results: What color is your Sony 505. If you do not own one which color do you like best.
Silver 69 47.92%
Blue 45 31.25%
Red 21 14.58%
I only wish to see the results 9 6.25%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-24-2009, 11:20 AM   #61
kad032000
Connoisseur
kad032000 doesn't litterkad032000 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505
Mine is silver, which I think looks the best, but I almost wish I had gone with blue because the darker surrounding makes the page color look lighter thus giving the illusion of better contrast.

Last edited by kad032000; 06-24-2009 at 11:26 AM.
kad032000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 07:09 PM   #62
Victoria
Wizard
Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad, Kindle PW, Kobo Clara; iphone 7
Blue with a hot pink cover

Hi - I got a blue one, because I thought the contrast with the white page would make the text stand out better. But.....it wasn't pretty.

So when I visited New York last year, I got a bright pink leather cover for it at J&R's. I knew it was a silly waste of $40, US, but I absolutely love it!

(In case anyone is tempted, it's a sony cover, and is thick and well finished, ans still looks brand new 13 months later)
Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2009, 11:33 PM   #63
Jill74
Banned
Jill74 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jill74 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jill74 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jill74 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jill74 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony Reader 505
I got a blue on too and I love it so much.

Jill74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 05:47 AM   #64
maggie*
PRS addicted...
maggie* began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
I got a silver one, because there was only silver, but I like it!
At first I thought it would look great with the pink cover (bettter than blue or red).
In the end I got the trifold cover not the pink one, but it looks equally great with the orange, and so much better that with blue or red...

I just love it!

maggie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 06:06 PM   #65
Gfinch
Junky
Gfinch is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-505 and REB-1100
Talking BLUE!!!!!

Seriously, all of you silver owners are just deluding yourselves. Of course silver is the most common Color. They would not sell a blue reader to just anyone, would they. Blue is the color of nobility is it not? The term is blue blood I believe.

As for the red owners well they are just overly flashy and flamboyant, they want their reader to shout look at me Ma...I can read.

I drove an extra 50 miles to the Sony store in Dallas to adopt my Beloved Blue Sony. And just to show that God smiled on my decision it was on sale for the cheapest internet price available at that time.

But really, Blue is the noble color and silver would best be described as the Silver Serf's. So all of you silver owners take your proper place in the caste system and bow before the Blue owners or we will sick the bloody red owners on you.

Just in case you were doubting the above was firmly tongue in cheek and all in good fun. You can now kneel and begin groveling.
Gfinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2009, 06:20 PM   #66
rjfarrell
Zealot
rjfarrell doesn't litterrjfarrell doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505, Iphone, Ipad
Silver is the most common color.....Why? Because it is loved by the MOST PEOPLE

Honestly, I bought the Silver thinking it looked the best. I walked out of the store thinking....I bet I should have bought Blue. However, I am QUITE sure that I would be a newly single woman if my husband found out I wanted a Blue reader.

So. Silver is good. Mmmm Hmmm. Nice.
rjfarrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 03:33 PM   #67
richman
Addict
richman is on a distinguished road

Device: sony prs-505 *BLUE*,itouch,netbook
Too bad they closed the poll, because it could have been nice if I could have voted for the blue one!
richman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 10:30 PM   #68
benham
Guru
benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, PRS-505 (BLUE)
That's why they closed it. We were getting too close!
benham is offline   Reply With Quote