Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-06-2009, 10:07 AM   #1
disney_mommy
Ebook fanatic
disney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windows

Device: Kindle Fire HD 8.9, Kindle Keyboard
Question about Deleting Books

Now that I have read quite a few of my ebooks (LOVE my Sony 505! ), I have a question about taking books off of the Reader. If I remove them from the Reader, will they still be in my Sony Connect? Will the book be added back every time I sync the Reader? What does everyone else do? Leave the book on their Readers? Move the read books to a memory stick? I appreciate any insight anyone can offer.
disney_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 10:21 AM   #2
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
If you delete the book on your 505, it will still be on the Sony Connect software.

If sync is turned on (it is by default), it will be added back to the 505 each time the software recognizes the device.

I don't use the Sony software that often but I have disabled 'sync'. My preference is to choose which books are copied to the device. I like to delete most books after reading and only keep a few read books on the device for reference.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-06-2009, 10:59 AM   #3
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
I'm not a "syncer" either. I delete my books through the software (easier), but only delete them off the Reader, not my library. BUT if you do delete them from your library and you got them from Sony, you can still redownload them at no cost (there was an issue before where someone couldn't redownload a free book they got, so you should backup your files just in case).
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 07:20 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I did try auto-sync via eBook Library and it turned out to be a mess. It's a lot easier to manually manage the content. Unless I've bookmarked a book for errors that I can correct, I just delete the eBook after I am done reading it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote