Notices

Old 12-03-2023, 03:57 PM   #1
Grok
Grok
Grok began at the beginning.

Device: iPad & Kindle. Readle PDF Expert Pro, Google Play Books, Marvin
Post Grok, long time lurker, first time poster

Hi all.
Grok here. e-Book addict and fellow reader.

I have had accounts on this board for years but this is the first time I’ve posted or really added any information to my account.

I’m a lawyer in my mid-50s who is an absolutely voracious reader and an even more voracious collector of books and now—for the past 10 years or so—of e-books. Throughout my adulthood (i.e., for approximately 35 years) I have spent on average around $30 to $50 per month on books, audiobooks on cassette, audiobooks on CD, and now e-books.

I have many thousands of e-books, not counting libraries or subscriptions. I have e-book subscriptions and audio book subscriptions through Kindle and Audible, a subscription on Scribd, etc.

So, yeah, total addiction.

I moved during the pandemic, and took the opportunity to winnow down my personal library of physical books to around 500 volumes, which required letting go of about the same number of books.

I love annotating books, and so my favorite way to read is actually using my iPad on Google Play Books, where I all of my notes, excerpts, and other annotations are autosaved to my Google Drive.

I’m also a fan of PDF annotations on Readle’s PDF Expert Pro.

I use my notes and annotations to help me make citations when I write, something I am determined to do more of over the next 10 years.

So that’s me.

Howdy!

With regards,

Grok
Grok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2023, 04:18 PM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Welcome to MobileRead, Grok!
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert