Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-23-2018, 01:18 PM   #31
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
I might ask why you can't tap the screen but I won't. Buttons break, get in the way, are a nuisance, and are as useful as a hand crank to start your car. Buttons take up part of the bezel that you can't use to hold the device. The haptic buttons on the Voyage were useless but at least I could turn them off.

My first Kindle was a Kindle Keyboard and within the first month the page forward button on the right broke. I've never broken the screen changing pages.
I like choice. On touch screen eReaders with page turn buttons you have the choice to use the buttons, or not. More often than not I'll use the page turn buttons on eReaders that have them.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 11:20 AM   #32
haydnfan
Guru
haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 4, Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
I might ask why you can't tap the screen but I won't.
For the longest time I enjoyed tapping the screen, but then I finally discovered how much I love swiping instead.

Quote:
Buttons take up part of the bezel that you can't use to hold the device. The haptic buttons on the Voyage were useless but at least I could turn them off.
Okay I understood now, that sounds reasonable. I personally like having my thumb on the button and then just pressing down to turn the page.
haydnfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert