Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-21-2015, 04:39 AM   #1
InTrouble
InTrouble began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Calibre stopped working

Hi, have anyone experienced a similar issue where Calibre suddenly stopped working and caused their laptop to hang?

I'm using Windows 8.1, and have tried uninstalling and reinstall with the latest version of Calibre. When I click on Calibre, it'll hang after few seconds, without getting to the user interface. I'm not sure what could've caused this. I found this out only yesterday. Calibre was working fine the week before.

I'm hoping we could troubleshoot this, as I'm using Calibre as the main tool to organize my ebooks.

Any thoughts?
InTrouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 05:50 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq....s-occasionally
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2015, 09:57 PM   #3
InTrouble
InTrouble began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
I have tried to open Calibre in safe-mode, and it still fails to open. I'm quite lost on what to try now. This started to happen recently too.

EDIT: I think I've figured it out. I think it clashed with Xkit for Google Chrome. Thanks for the help!

Last edited by InTrouble; 07-22-2015 at 12:14 AM.
InTrouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 11:52 AM   #4
julienma
julienma began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Calibre crash on Windows 8.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTrouble View Post
I have tried to open Calibre in safe-mode, and it still fails to open. I'm quite lost on what to try now. This started to happen recently too.

EDIT: I think I've figured it out. I think it clashed with Xkit for Google Chrome. Thanks for the help!

EDIT: I have the same problem, I don't undersand how you fixed it, what is "Xkit" ? Thanks !!
julienma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 03:54 PM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by julienma View Post
EDIT: I have the same problem, I don't undersand how you fixed it, what is "Xkit" ? Thanks !!
@julienma - DDG search says its a Browser extension to do with Tumblr

The link posted by kovidgoyal lists a number of other potential causes - did you check to see if any of them apply.

Psst: If you can post here it's almost certain you can search the web.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-25-2015, 04:42 PM   #6
Kirstendomenech
Kirstendomenech began at the beginning.

Device: kindle fire hdx
Me too

I have the same problem.. I have gone to the FAQ section and it doesn't help. I am trying the do the whole debug thing now but it isn't helping. This started after the update we had two ago. I was hoping that update today might help but it didn't.
Anybody have any suggestions?

Now it said Error Communicating with Device

Last edited by Kirstendomenech; 07-25-2015 at 04:49 PM.
Kirstendomenech is offline   Reply With Quote