Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 11-21-2023, 12:34 PM   #1
stufffromrob
stufffromrob began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 10
hello and help re calibre and kindle please

Hello a new poster here, I love my kindles and I love calibre but I cant make the two work together.

Please can someone help me? I used to have no problems but now Whenever I try to send a book to the kindle from calibre it is refused with this error message showing in Calibre:

Sending failed...

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\email.py", line 47, in run
File "calibre\gui2\email.py", line 136, in sendmail
File "calibre\utils\smtp.py", line 162, in sendmail
File "calibre\utils\smtp.py", line 142, in sendmail_direct
OSError: Failed to send mail: SMTPRecipientsRefused({'xxxxx@kindle.com': (550, b'5.7.1 IP address blacklisted by recipient')})

I have hidden my kindle e mail.

I send in EPUB format and my Amazon account is set to authorise the sending email.
stufffromrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2023, 03:12 PM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Hello and welcome to MobileRead!

Calibre questions should be posted in our Calibre subforum. Your question, in the Calibre -> Devices subforum:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=234
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2023, 04:43 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by stufffromrob View Post
Hello a new poster here, I love my kindles and I love calibre but I cant make the two work together.

Please can someone help me? I used to have no problems but now Whenever I try to send a book to the kindle from calibre it is refused with this error message showing in Calibre:

Sending failed...

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\email.py", line 47, in run
File "calibre\gui2\email.py", line 136, in sendmail
File "calibre\utils\smtp.py", line 162, in sendmail
File "calibre\utils\smtp.py", line 142, in sendmail_direct
OSError: Failed to send mail: SMTPRecipientsRefused({'xxxxx@kindle.com': (550, b'5.7.1 IP address blacklisted by recipient')})

I have hidden my kindle e mail.

I send in EPUB format and my Amazon account is set to authorise the sending email.
From the log, your IP is blacklisted at whatever mail provider you are trying to use. Nothing we can do. You'll have to switch to a different mail provider.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote