Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-30-2018, 08:13 AM   #1111
jsschrstrcks
jsschrstrcks began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad air 2
A little discrepancy here. The Title and ISBN match up to this book: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...deuteronomy-21

BUT if you right click on it, and ask calibre to allow you to view the book on GR you end up here:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/32445874

The first one is the book I want to add... But thought you may want to know about the anomalous behavior also.

In Calibre it lists the series as Word Biblical Commentary [6b]. Ideally, from the Sync from 'read' shelf dialog, I would like to be able to individually cancel a books addition as a blank book.

Now to test that this book is the only one causing problems, I'm going to have to kick off another 2 hour sync to gr. It would be much better to be able to click a book, and cancel its being added as an empty book to calibre. You know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
That is an error trying to set the series information. It looks like one of the books has a series name, but a non-numberic series index. On the sync dialog, the "GR Series" column should show the series info like "series name[1]". In this case, it looks like the series index is "6B". Can you find the book with this or some other strange series index and send me the link to the book in Goodreads. I can probably fix it without this, but I wouldn't be able to test it.

In the meantime, you can get past this by not adding an empty book for books like this.
https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/36943767-ken-baker Is my profile if that will help in any way.

Last edited by jsschrstrcks; 03-30-2018 at 08:19 AM.
jsschrstrcks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 12:18 PM   #1112
jsschrstrcks

By skipping all the books that were part of a series, I was able pare down the list by 300 additional titles.

Going to run the sync again in a couple hours I'll let you know if I have any troubles with other books.
Old 03-30-2018, 01:54 PM   #1113
jsschrstrcks

Also Got this error:

calibre, version 3.20.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>ValueError</b>:invalid literal for float(): 6), Th

calibre 3.20 embedded-python: True is64bit: False
Windows-10-10.0.16299-SP0 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
32bit process running on 64bit windows
('Windows', '10', '10.0.16299')
Python 2.7.12+
Windows: ('10', '10.0.16299', 'SP0', u'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Gather KFX-ZIP File Type (from KFX Input) (1, 1, 0) && Package KFX File Type (from KFX Input) (1, 1, 0) && Goodreads (1, 1, 13) && DOC Input (1, 0, 1) && GetFileName (0, 0, 12) && Count Pages (1, 8, 0) && Read MP3 AudioBook metadata (1, 0, 79) && Job Spy (1, 0, 108) && Kindle Collections (1, 7, 17) && Wiki Reader (2, 1, 0) && Clean Metadata (0, 0, 6) && Save To Format (0, 0, 6) && QuarantineAndScrub (3, 6, 103) && Consolidate All Library Metadata (2, 0, 32) && Import List (1, 3, 0) && food network Recipe Reader (1, 0, 2) && Goodreads Sync (1, 11, 0) && Set KFX metadata (from KFX Output) (1, 16, 0) && KFX Output (1, 16, 0) && Find Duplicates (1, 6, 3) && Manage Series (1, 2, 8) && Extract ISBN (1, 4, 4) && KFX metadata reader (from KFX Input) (1, 1, 0) && KFX Input (1, 1, 0) && Ex Libris (1, 0, 19) && Quality Check (1, 9, 11) && Similar Stories (1, 0, 58)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.dialogs", line 2347, in sync_button_clicked
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.dialogs", line 2327, in _create_empty_books
ValueError: invalid literal for float(): 6), Th

Presumably for this book:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/10022843
Old 03-30-2018, 11:01 PM   #1114
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The problem is with how the title and series information in these books are presented. These two books are a different and the parsing title didn't take this into account.

The two problems are:
  • "6th Target (Women's Murder Club #6), The" - This is the title returned by the API. Having ", The" at the end is unexpected. It probably means that the title has been entered somewhere as "The 6th Target (Women's Murder Club #6)" rather than "The 6th Target" with separate series information.
  • "Deuteronomy 21:10–34:12 (Word Biblical Commentary, #6B)" - In this case, the title and series is presented as expected. But, the series index is "6B". Calibre only allows numbers for the series index. The conversion from "6B" to a number fails and triggers the error.

The attached beta has fixes for these problems. Parsing the title to get to series info has been changed to handle the first example. For the second, the error is handled by not setting the series index. There is no way to know what should be done in situations like this. It could be 6.2, or maybe this is hexadeximal an should be 107, or maybe just 6. And I'm sure there are other strange numbers used.

Please try the beta and tell me how it goes.

Last edited by davidfor; 11-01-2019 at 03:00 AM. Reason: Removed beta as update has been released.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 01:00 PM   #1115
jsschrstrcks

that seems to have fixed it. didn't see any new problems. Both books are in Calibre now, and while it doesn't say 52b for the title thats in the series that way, I can live with that.

Edit: thanks for fixing it for me! Much appreciated. I wish I had posted a month ago when I first encountered it, rather than trying to narrow it down.

happy easter!

Last edited by jsschrstrcks; 04-01-2018 at 12:47 AM.
Old 04-03-2018, 12:48 AM   #1116
jsschrstrcks

I've made it synce twice now, with no problems either time. All the books I had added to goodreads but not calibre sync'd the first time no problems. So I went back and added a couple hundred more to GR from my print library, and made it sync again. Worked like a charm.
Old 04-03-2018, 12:58 AM   #1117
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsschrstrcks View Post
I've made it synce twice now, with no problems either time. All the books I had added to goodreads but not calibre sync'd the first time no problems. So I went back and added a couple hundred more to GR from my print library, and made it sync again. Worked like a charm.
Good to hear that. I'll arrange an official release.

But, I'm curious about why you are adding your print books to GR and then syncing and not the other way round. Does GR have something to help you do this?
Old 04-04-2018, 02:07 PM   #1118
jsschrstrcks

yes - there is an isbn barcode scanner for iOS to add books to GR. You basically point it at the barcode, and the book shows up on the phone, then you add it to the shelves you want. I'm not aware of an app with similar functionality on the iphone, for calibre. But then I may live in a cave under a rock, so who knows .

In fact, I'd probably use GR exclusively, but GR had a more difficult time importing a list of books from Logos Bible Software than did calibre.

Plus I now use calibre to store hand outs from class, pre-release books from profs, my own writings, and so forth. Much of which is not appropriate for listing on GR.

Last edited by jsschrstrcks; 04-04-2018 at 02:18 PM.
Old 04-06-2018, 10:56 PM   #1119
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
@davidfor

{facepalm} for whatever reason my computer date was a day behind. It's been that way until yesterday. After updating it -No more Forbidden 401..
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 09:48 AM   #1120
tarisea
Zealot
tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.

Device: iphone
shortcut key

when you are in sync book and want to "add an empty book to calibre" is there a shortcut key?
tarisea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 11:20 AM   #1121
tarisea
Zealot
tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.

Error: ValueError: invalid literal for float(): 3.5.3

can someone please explain this error. it happens when i am doing "sync from shelves" and adding empty books to my library

calibre, version 3.17.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>ValueError</b>:invalid literal for float(): 3.5.3

calibre 3.17 embedded-python: True is64bit: False
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
32bit process running on 64bit windows
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7601')
Python 2.7.12+
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7601', 'SP1', u'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM (6, 5, 4) && GetFileName (0, 0, 12) && Goodreads (1, 1, 13) && Find Duplicates (1, 6, 3) && KindleUnpack - The Plugin (0, 81, 5) && Goodreads Sync (1, 11, 0)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.dialogs", line 2347, in sync_button_clicked
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.dialogs", line 2327, in _create_empty_books
ValueError: invalid literal for float(): 3.5.3

Last edited by tarisea; 04-17-2018 at 03:06 PM.
Old 04-17-2018, 05:12 PM   #1122
tarisea
Zealot

So I found the patch above applied it and it worked like a charm. Thank you davidfor
Old 04-17-2018, 09:01 PM   #1123
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Plugin updated to version 1.12.0

The plugin has been updated to version 1.12.0. The changes in this version are:
  • Fix: Errors when the series index was not just a number.
  • Fix: Edit the rating in the Sync Progress dialog gives an error and the drop down appears in the wrong place.
  • Fix: Use local timezone when displaying the date read.

The first an last have been in recent betas. The problem on the Sync Progress page was something I noticed and is related to recent changes in calibre.

The update should be announced by calibre soon. If there are any problems, please report them here.
Old 04-18-2018, 06:33 AM   #1124
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarisea View Post
when you are in sync book and want to "add an empty book to calibre" is there a shortcut key?
No. The only hotkeys are those to start the various functions.
Old 04-18-2018, 10:17 PM   #1125
kdanih
kdanih began at the beginning.

Device: none
Sync dates

I have realised that when I sync my calibre library there are some books that the start and end reading date does not sync with the dates I have in Goodreads.
I have checked that they are linked properly and the dates are in GR but the problem continues.
I am not sure if it is a pluging problem but I haven't change my configuration in the calibre pluging.
kdanih is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, goodreads