Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 05-14-2013, 09:13 AM   #16
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
We have the latest of everything that's offered, system and app-wise.
I also checked online in the place where you can see gift card and digital credit balances, and there was nothing new there either.
No, I've not found anything concerning my coin balance on my account pages on Amazon's standard website either. I only see the balance when on my Fire browsing the apps available at the online store. Nowhere else.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:14 AM   #17
Ekaros
Illiterate newbie
Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I wonder how it works with in-app purchasing? Would one have to re-enable that, if it was disabled in parental controls, or does it work if there are coins on-account? I briefly looked at that last night, and the app my daughter was using showed things you could buy for real money. We went no further.
Maybe you just add 5 to 20$ worth of points to account and they are free to use them as they like. If they were more advanced there could be daily limits and such... Probably there will be lock for in-app stuff at somepoint...
Ekaros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:43 AM   #18
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I just spoke to support. Our original Fires did get the 500 coins per account, but original Fire software has no way to display that info, until after you hit the BUY button in the app store. Then we will supposedly see an option to use coins, which will be grayed out if we do not have enough coins to cover the whole purchase. I have not tried it yet.

Also, since last week I registered my Fire to my kid's account, and you only get one bonus per account, I apparently screwed myself out the bonus. I will try temporarily changing it back and see what happens.
(I was rather disappointed that the Amazon rep didn't just offer to give the $5 credit while I was on the phone...they usually do stuff like that. They spoiled me.)
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 12:34 PM   #19
ApK
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

OK, here's how it ended up for me.
I registered my original Fire back to my account, immediately got the 500 coins, and, surprisingly, another free month of Amazon Prime. Hehe. I love Amazon.
I called support again to confirm that I'd be able to keep the coins even I removed the Fire from my account. They said I would, and so I did, and indeed the coins stayed.
Support also pointed out that the coin option and balance is now visible from the regular Amazon web site, not just from the device. Go to amazon.com and browse to any paid app, and look at the payment options on the right. If you have enough coins to buy the app, you should see something like:

ApK

Last edited by ApK; 05-14-2013 at 12:36 PM.
Old 05-14-2013, 12:41 PM   #20
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Thanks Apk!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 12:44 PM   #21
wizwor
Wizard
wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, fire
You guys are thinking too hard. Just click on a game or program that costs something. You will have an option to buy with amazon coins. i did this with a pc.
wizwor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 12:47 PM   #22
ApK

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizwor View Post
You guys are thinking too hard. Just click on a game or program that costs something. You will have an option to buy with amazon coins. i did this with a pc.
Yeah, I just said that. That wasn't the case when we looked yesterday.
Old 05-14-2013, 12:56 PM   #23
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Dang, lousy timing. Wish they would've released this several weeks ago when the Audubon apps were on sale. Also wish this would work with MP3 downloads.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 04:43 PM   #24
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking
Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Pocketbook Era
in the meantime, in Europe...
Chi Cygni is offline   Reply With Quote