Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-08-2010, 08:22 PM   #1
jer989
Enthusiast
jer989 doesn't litterjer989 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire HD
Lightbulb my free ambient sound MP3's for reading

You know how sometimes you want to just drown out all of the noise around you so that you can read, or work, or sleep, etc. without being distracted? Well, awhile ago I found that by taking a few freely available ambient audio samples (thanks freesound.org) and looping them I was able to make a bunch of 1/2 hour long ambient audio MP3's and I've grown to rely on them when I want to be able to concentrate or what not. So I thought that I'd make them available for others to use and enjoy.

I decided to make them free to download and use and distribute as you please (but they're for non-commercial use only, so please don't try to sell them!) - Myself, I've put them on my iPod, and also now on my new Kindle as well.
Please keep in mind that they're not high quality MP3's (in order to make the file size manageable they're 96kbps) - so each 30 minute MP3 file is ~20MB - and there's six totaling ~120MB - so they don't take up too much room on an MP3 player (or ereader). Please keep in mind that I don't claim to be any sort of professional audio engineer - so they're not super polished - but they do the job - -they're noise.

enjoy! I'm not charging money for these, but if you find them useful and would like to donate a little something in appreciation, I wouldn't say 'no' (if you have a Paypal account, you can send money to jeremymblock "at" yahoo.com Let me know what you think.

30 Minute Ambient Soundwalls
1 - Ocean Waves
2 - Light Rain
3 - A Stream, somewhere in Japan
4 - Wind through a wheat field
5 - Garden Birds in the Evening
6 - Mixed Ambient

All tracks can be downloaded in a single zip file here: http://www.adrive.com/public/bf51afb...4a79eb861.html

Last edited by jer989; 09-13-2010 at 02:58 PM.
jer989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 01:28 AM   #2
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
Very nice! Thank you very much. I'm going to put this in my MP3 Music Locker and play it through my Squeezebox.
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2010, 02:21 AM   #3
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Downloading them all!

But I'm missing one, the sound of falling snow, which is very relaxing
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 03:30 AM   #4
nohmi2
Pensively observing.
nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Varied.

Many thanks. My MP3 works overtime when I am doing chores.

Cheers/
nohmi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 08:52 PM   #5
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
I got a notice that you're out of bandwidth. Probably someone used a downloader or something and clogged up the system.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-12-2010, 09:58 AM   #6
Noah98
Eccentric
Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The nook, ipad 3, Kindle Fire HD (8.9), Kindle Paperwhite
Yeah, I couldn't get them either
Noah98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 02:13 PM   #7
jer989
Enthusiast

hmmm... sorry about that, it looks like the 'out of bandwidth' thing is just a limitation of a free box.net account.

Anyone know of a file host that's free but doesn't have such restrictions??

...maybe Bit torrent - anyone here use bit torrent??
Old 09-12-2010, 03:24 PM   #8
yekim54
What the Dog Saw
yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Surface3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jer989 View Post
hmmm... sorry about that, it looks like the 'out of bandwidth' thing is just a limitation of a free box.net account.

Anyone know of a file host that's free but doesn't have such restrictions??

...maybe Bit torrent - anyone here use bit torrent??
You might want to look at Adrive.com. They give you 50 GB of free storage and I don't think there are any bandwidth restrictions.
yekim54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 05:23 PM   #9
chainring
Addict
chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650 (black), Kindle 3G
If you have Dropbox, stick them in the public folder and create links here. Another option is Mediafire.
chainring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 07:01 PM   #10
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

There is also Sky Drive through Hotmail. You get 25 GB of space and can either put things in private folders or have them in public ones.
Old 09-12-2010, 07:03 PM   #11
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Thanks for the tip yekim54.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yekim54 View Post
You might want to look at Adrive.com. They give you 50 GB of free storage and I don't think there are any bandwidth restrictions.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:36 PM   #12
catsittingstill
Guru
catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1.0.8, iPod Touch, Kindle Keyboard
These sure look cool. I would like to download them when they are available--and thanks for mentioning them.
catsittingstill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 02:59 PM   #13
jer989
Enthusiast

thanks for the suggestions - I put the files up on Adrive.com (unfortunately the link is only good for a month, until October 13 - but should be good to go for now...)

All tracks can be downloaded in a single zip file here: http://www.adrive.com/public/bf51afb...4a79eb861.html
Old 09-13-2010, 03:02 PM   #14
queentess
Reading is sexy
queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by jer989 View Post

Thanks very much!
It's a 119mb file, for those interested in that sort of thing
queentess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 05:04 PM   #15
melissa89n
melissa89n began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
I just wanted to say thank you for posting these! I downloaded them last week and it was really cool listening to the birds singing while I was reading.

Thank you! They are awesome!
melissa89n is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ambient, mp3, noise, reading, sound