Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > BeBook

Notices

Old 04-14-2010, 06:07 AM   #31
iptuser55
iptuser55 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Only on-line, to the best of my knowledge.

Pros of the Neo:

MUCH better screen quality, due to the Wacom touch screen.
Much better ADE implementation (full justification in ePub files)
More formats supported
WiFi (not important to me, but may be for some)
Folder support.

Pros of the Sony:

Currently much more refined software for dictionary lookup and annotation.

Overall, I'd say the Neo is a clear winner.
Harry, I`m thinking of the neo, sony 600 or the DR800S. I will use it for holiday read but also for PDF reading for technie books- studying for exams. The WIFI will be good but how does it perform on PDF`s, reflow, sizing etc- What about the glare?thanks
iptuser55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 06:39 AM   #32
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The Neo has better PDF handling than the Sony, but obviously the DR800, with its 8" screen, will be significantly better for large-page PDFs.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-14-2010, 06:45 AM   #33
iptuser55

Quote:
The Neo has better PDF handling than the Sony, but obviously the DR800, with its 8" screen, will be significantly better for large-page PDFs.
thanks for the quick reply, Does it reflow the PDF`s, if you resize the page does it keep the size for the remaining PDF?. Do you thnk the DS800 is better based only on th 8" screen

I`m not too bothered about writting notes, highlighting words etc so does it still come out on top over the sony 600. A lot of people have complained about the Sony`s glare in sun light ?
Old 04-14-2010, 06:51 AM   #34
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You'd be best off asking on the iRex forum about the DR800 - I've not used it myself - but the Neo does, I think, have the best PDF support of any 6" device. Yes, it reflows, and remembers the zoom level between pages. The Sony resets the zoom at the start of each page, which is a real pain.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:03 AM   #35
iptuser55

Quote:
You'd be best off asking on the iRex forum about the DR800 - I've not used it myself - but the Neo does, I think, have the best PDF support of any 6" device. Yes, it reflows, and remembers the zoom level between pages. The Sony resets the zoom at the start of each page, which is a real pain.
I`m based in the UK as well did you have any problems with delivery , purchasing it via the Web etc. All in all is is better then the Sony 600 from a day to day point of view and a casual, Holiday user

thanks
Advert
Old 04-14-2010, 07:27 AM   #36
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

No problems at all in ordering it. All went very smoothly.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:44 AM   #37
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
So, HarryT any rumors of a 5 inch Bebook neo.....or ....?
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 08:01 AM   #38
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Not that I've heard, no. There is, however, a 9.7" model due out later this year.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:27 AM   #39
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
Ta for the post. Good news for people who like bigger screens......
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 05:21 AM   #40
websjapan
websjapan began at the beginning.

Device: alex
Hi

when you say install applications, is there an app you know of that can read and display MS Office .docx and .doc files?

thanks
keith
websjapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 05:39 AM   #41
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

The next firmware version will apparently be able to read DOC files. There was a licensing issue which prevented it from being in the current firmware.
Old 04-19-2010, 07:06 AM   #42
websjapan
websjapan began at the beginning.

Device: alex
i just got word back from onyx international who say that .doc will be in a month or so, while .docx will arrive in Q3.

great! pushing the button. can't wait to get it!
websjapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 10:22 AM   #43
glin
Groupie
glin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H20 / OnePlus 5
Does it read the open format .odt files (OpenOffice.org) ?
glin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 11:31 AM   #44
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

No, it doesn't.
Old 04-25-2010, 10:50 AM   #45
glin
Groupie
glin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H20 / OnePlus 5
A pity it doesn't. Hope somebody will do the job !
glin is offline   Reply With Quote