Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-29-2019, 12:09 AM   #16
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
The patches are ready: Instructions for patching firmware 4.15.12920.

I've also made some patches to fix the new TOC level feature. One increases the indentation to make it more visible, and the other fixes a new bug where all entries are indented by 1 level extra.
Thank you very much!
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 12:12 AM   #17
lumpynose
Wizard
lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pilot M105
I had no idea that Kobos supported the antediluvian MOBI format.
lumpynose is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2019, 03:38 AM   #18
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpynose View Post
I had no idea that Kobos supported the antediluvian MOBI format.
Not very well. Best to convert whatever it is to ePub. Mobi files though can have various levels of formatting from oldest Palm days before Amazon bought out Mobipocket to formats since AZW. Calibre uses two versions, called "Old" and "New", a file can even have both in it.

I download .mobi from Gutenberg as the various Kindles here use it and I've had issues with margins & justification on Gutenberg epubs. They don't seem to be using the oldest mobi? Anyway, then I convert to ePub. Easier than downloading twice. Sometimes I'll reformat using Calibre GUI, sometimes I export as RTF (works best) and reformat in LibreOffice, saving as odt (for later edits) and saving as .docx for Calibre as .docx conversion is better than odt.

I gave up using the Mobi creator tool when I got Calibre years ago. Kindle Keyboard era. I have started converting .mobi downloads to AZW3 as that works better on the Kindles, esp the newer FW with "themes" and "publisher fonts".

Last edited by Quoth; 05-29-2019 at 03:45 AM. Reason: AZW3
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 04:23 AM   #19
skymix
skymix began at the beginning.

Device: kobo H2O Edition 2 Version 2
I have look for this firmware update but is only for others than Kobo and Fnac, is it correct? Could i use it if i'm fnac?

My kobo H2O E2 V2 dont have this update for download in the sync tool..

Thanks
skymix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 06:32 AM   #20
ps67
Guru
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Elipsa, Pocketbook Color PB633, Inkpad Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by skymix View Post
I have look for this firmware update but is only for others than Kobo and Fnac, is it correct? Could i use it if i'm fnac?

My kobo H2O E2 V2 dont have this update for download in the sync tool..

Thanks
If You don't want to wait You can change Your affiliation simply by writing:

affiliate=Beta

in the affiliate.conf file in the hidden directory .kobo on the main directory of Your Kobo.

Then You can write again affiliate=Kobo and return to the previous affiliation.
ps67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2019, 06:51 AM   #21
skymix

Ohh great!!

I was thinking about the Beta name of company jajajja

Thanks a lot!!
Old 05-29-2019, 06:57 AM   #22
skymix

Could i reuse the src .yaml of the patch from other version or i must to enable one by one or diff the changes on the news firmware?
Old 05-29-2019, 07:24 AM   #23
skymix

Patched on H2OV2E2 and works great!

Thanks
Old 05-29-2019, 07:54 AM   #24
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
[*]Tracking of the current chapter for kepubs as displayed on the navigation bar has been improved for books missing ToC entries. This was recently discussed in the 4.14.12777 thread. The change is that if the correct chapter name is displayed if the current chapter has a ToC entry. But, if there is no ToC entry, the name for the previous chapter will be displayed.
Maybe Next time they will fix the page numbering / In book position slider.

Baby steps
rashkae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 08:14 AM   #25
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Could i reuse the src .yaml of the patch from other version or i must to enable one by one or diff the changes on the news firmware?
I know I'm too late with this but I'll answer anyway in case it helps someone else ...

There isn't a simple yes/no answer.
  1. Some of the patches in the src .yaml files haven't needed to change for years, e.g. 'Custom footer (page number text)'
  2. Some must change for every firmware, e.g. 'Freedom to advanced fonts control'
  3. Others are somewhere in the middle. They can survive many firmware updates but then Kobo change something fundamental and the patch needs to be updated by the owner.

A rule-of-thumb is that if a patch's code in the .yaml contains a hex offset, e.g. {Offset: 0x87BD4A, ...} it's an example of type 2 above.

Best practice is always to use the src .yaml patch files for the firmware version actually present on your Kobo.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 07:46 PM   #26
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
I'm not calling the indentation width a bug (it's just a matter of preference). I'm only calling the indentation starting at 1 a bug. Although I do agree there are a few ways it may be on purpose, I believe there are even more ways it could have been done by mistake. Either way, I don't think there's much use discussing it further, as it will either be fixed in the next version or not. For people who dislike it (like me), there is the patch.
You misunderstand me. I know you are not claiming that the width of the indentation is a bug. But, if claiming that the starting point is a bug, someone could just as easily claim the width is as well.

You have triggered a personal peeve. Basically, you have seen something you don't like and have decided it is a bug. This is far to common. In this case, you can attempt to justify it as an "off by 1" error. But, do you really think that no-one at Kobo looked at the screen and considered what it looked like? This is not a bug.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 08:20 PM   #27
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
You misunderstand me. I know you are not claiming that the width of the indentation is a bug.
OK.

Quote:
You have triggered a personal peeve. Basically, you have seen something you don't like and have decided it is a bug. This is far to common. In this case, you can attempt to justify it as an "off by 1" error. But, do you really think that no-one at Kobo looked at the screen and considered what it looked like? This is not a bug.
I don't call everything I don't like a bug (for example the header/footer size). I do justify it as an off by 1 error, and also possibly due to being used to arrays being numbered from 0. I've made this exact mistake myself in my ebook viewer before. As for Kobo noticing the bug, I barely noticed it myself at first. I just felt something was off, and when I first attempted to increase the indent using em spaces (which the default font does not support), I saw the replacement boxes, which made me realize why it looked off before. Only after this did I even consider it might be due to extra indentation (otherwise, I probably would have just thought I was seeing imaginary problems).
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 09:57 PM   #28
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
I find it easier to put the patches enable/disable into the kobopatch.yaml as overrides. I keep my list in another file and just copy past it into the new kobopatch.yaml, adding entries for any new patches.

I would not recommend recycling the old src\*.yaml files as there are some patches that get updated for new firmware and the old patches will not work.

Edit: Added the overides kobopatch.yaml from the last time I patched which was a couple of versions back.

Spoiler:
Code:
## You can put lines in the following section to override the enabled state of patches.
## The indentation matters! Each override should be indented by 4 spaces. Add to the 
## section below. This section can be copy and pasted into newer patch versions to
## keep your selections.
##
## Example of how it should look:
## overrides:
##   src/nickel.yaml:
##     Custom synopsis/details line spacing: yes
##     Whatever the yaml is called: no
##   src/libadobe.so.yaml:
##     You get the idea: yes
overrides: 
  src/nickel.yaml: 
    Show all games: no 
    Remove forgot pin button from lock screen: no 
    Remove recommendations (row1col2) from home screen: no 
    Change pop-up footnote font-family: no 
# PATCH GROUP - DON'T ENABLE MORE THAN 1 
    Disable reading footer: no 
    Custom reading footer style: yes 
# END GROUP 
    Custom synopsis/font size: no 
    Custom synopsis/details line spacing: no 
    Custom menubar - reduce height by 33%: yes 
    Custom menubar - reduce height by 50%: no 
# END GROUP 
    Dictionary pop-up - increase available text area: no 
    Fix reading stats/author name cut off when series is showing: no 
    Changing the info panel in full size screensaver- beta 1: no 
    Increase the cover size in library: no 
    Increase the view details container size: no 
    Increase size of kepub chapter progress chart: no 
    Custom font to collection and author titles: no 
    Increase headlines font: no 
    New home screen subtitle custom font: no 
    Remove footer (row3) and increase cover size on new home screen: no 
    Remove footer (row3) on new home screen: no 
    New home screen increasing cover size: no 
# END GROUP 
  src/sickel.yaml: 
    sickel reboot timeout (20 sec): no 
    sickel reboot timeout (30 sec): no 
# END GROUP 
  src/libadobe.so.yaml: 
    Remove PDF map widget shown during panning: no 
  src/libnickel-PROGRESIVE.yaml: 
    Dictionary, remove long winded closest match notification: no 
    unclassified (PROGRESIVE): no 
    MY ePub/Kepub fixed font sharpness: no 
    Wikipedia Search language: no 
    MY KePub stylesheet additions: no 
    My Dictionary text font-family/font-size/line-height: no 
  src/libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml: 
    Always show confirmation dialog before upgrading: no 
    Set reading footer height: no 
    Rename new home screen footer: no 
    Set slide to unlock: no 
    Enable rotation on all devices: no 
    Both page turn buttons go next: no 
    Replace adobe page numbers toggle with invert screen: no 
    Rename Settings: no 
    My 10 line spacing values: no 
    My 24 line spacing values: no 
# END GROUP 
    Custom left & right margins: yes 
    Custom font sizes: no 
    Freedom to advanced fonts control: no 
    ePub fixed/adjustable top/bottom margins: no 
    ePub fixed top/bottom margins: no 
    ePub disable built-in body padding-bottom: no 
# END GROUP 
    Custom kepub default margins: no 
    Block WiFi firmware upgrade: no 
    Custom footer (page number text): no 
    Custom Sleep/Power-off timeouts: no 
    Set KePub hyphenation: no 
    Fix three KePub fullScreenReading bugs: no 
    Force user line spacing in KePubs: no 
    Force user line spacing in ePubs (part 1 of 2): no # PART 2 in librmsdk.so.1.0.0.yaml 
    Un-force font-family override p tags (std epubs): no 
    Force user font-family in ePubs (Part 1 of 2): no # PART 2 in librmsdk.so.1.0.0.yaml 
# END GROUP 
    ePub constant font sharpness: no 
    KePub constant font sharpness: no 
    Un-Force user text-align in div,p tags in KePubs: no 
    Always display chapter name on navigation menu: no 
    Un-Force user font-family in KePubs: no 
    Un-force link decoration in KePubs: no 
    KePub stylesheet additions: no 
    Change dicthtml strings to micthtml: no 
    Allow searches on Extra dictionaries: no 
    Ignore .otf fonts: no 
    Brightness fine control: no 
    Clock display duration: no 
    Keyboard template (Mini/Touch/Glo/Aura): no 
    Keyboard template (AuraHD/H2O): no 
    Keyboard template (GloHD/ClaraHD/AuraOne/H2O2): no 
    Cyrillic keyboard (Mini/Touch/Glo/Aura/AuraHD/H2O): no 
    Cyrillic Keyboard (GloHD/ClaraHD/AuraOne/H2O2): no 
    Arabic keyboard (Mini/Touch/Glo/Aura/AuraHD/H2O): no 
    Hebrew keyboard (Mini/Touch/Glo/Aura): no 
    Hebrew keyboard (AuraHD/H2O): no 
    Hebrew keyboard (GloHD/ClaraHD/AuraOne/H2O2): no 
    Greek Keyboard (GloHD/ClaraHD/AuraOne/H2O2): no 
# END GROUP 
    Dictionary text font-family/font-size/line-height - beta: no 
    Dictionary, remove long winded closest match notification: no 
    Wikipedia Search language: no 
  src/librmsdk.so.1.0.0.yaml: 
    Disable orphans/widows avoidance: yes 
    Default ePub monospace font (Courier): yes 
    Default ePub serif font (Amasis): no 
    Default ePub sans-serif font (Gill Sans): no 
    Default ePub symbol font (Symbol): no 
    Force user line spacing in ePubs (Part 2 of 2): no # PART 1 in libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml 
    Force user font-family in ePubs (Part 2 of 2): no # PART 1 in libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml 
    Ignore ePub book Adobe XPGT stylesheet (page-template.xpgt): no 
    Ignore ePub book CSS and Adobe XPGT stylesheets: no 
    Ignore ePub TOC navpoints: no 

## TRANSLATIONS ##

Last edited by DNSB; 05-29-2019 at 10:00 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 02:50 AM   #29
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by evirtue View Post
Indented table of contents:
If your book's table of contents contains multiple levels, it will be indented for better readability.
This is nice. But what I *really* want is a collapsible table of contents.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 04:33 AM   #30
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC, t1, t2, t3, aura 2 v1, clara HD, Libra 2, Nxtpaper 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by compurandom View Post
This is nice. But what I *really* want is a collapsible table of contents.
+1 Like the Sony PRS series used to have

In addition to that, I do not really like the line spacing in the TOC: much too wide. Making it smaller puts much more lines on a single page.
Just my 2cts
DrChiper is offline   Reply With Quote