Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 06-14-2014, 10:03 AM   #1
rhalina
rhalina began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux (Screen broken), Kobo Aura One
Touch Lux: Show series volume

Hey,

I manage my book collection with calibre and sync everything from there to the Pocketbook Touch Lux. I very much care about sorting based on series. What I just noticed is, that the Touch Lux shows me the volume numbers for most of the books where I tagged that in calibre, but for some it just doesn't.

So for example it shows correctly the first 4 books of the "Saga of the seven suns", but the last 3 just appear by title not by volume number.

In calibre all tags seem fine and look the same. I did not really understand what the devices does internally to show the metadata, but maybe you guys have some ideas...

Thanks!
Rhalina

PS: Using Calibre 1.36 on Debian (testing/unstable)
rhalina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 11:38 PM   #2
tponzo
Addict
tponzo doesn't littertponzo doesn't littertponzo doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS 900(gave it to my sister); Sony PRS-T1; onyx book note air
I am also interested in this issue. Sometimes the series are not even all in the same folder on the device even though they are fine in calibre. Any ideas or feedback would be appreciated.
tponzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-05-2014, 12:27 PM   #3
mieksje
mieksje began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 Pocketbook 302(broken)
typing mismatch

It seems so obvious, but sometimes it's just hard to see. I have had this sometimes. And all of the times it was my own mistake: I had named the author a bit different (RR Martin instead of R.R. Martin), sometimes a bit different name by adding spaces. When you see in your reader files in different directories that should be one and the same: take a look at the names of the directories: they must be different, otherwise there couldn't be another directory.
And untill you just carefully examine the differences, you will find them.
Hope this helps.
mieksje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 10:41 AM   #4
rhalina
rhalina began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux (Screen broken), Kobo Aura One
Hey,
thanks for answering. But this is not my problem.
In calibre the series name is displayed correctly with the corresponding series numbers - it's all consistend. I also reexported all available metadata to the epubs. With some the series number is displayed correctly on the pocketbook, but with others it only shows the series name.

I really don't find any difference.

Thanks!
Rhalina
rhalina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 04:31 AM   #5
ebuecherwurm
ebuecherwurm began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Lux
As far as I remember, there is an issue of pocketbook cutting off meta data after a certain kind of meta data, so that e.g. the series data provided by calibre will normally not appear. There is some configuration file for calibre to bring the meta data in an order that pocketbook will read completely. Furthermore, a new firmware for pocketbook lux and lux 2 was announced (for July?) to fix this issue. Unfortunately, there is yet no update from pocketbook, but you might be able to patch calibre (needs a patch after each calibre update) until this issue is fixed.
ebuecherwurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert