Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-13-2023, 06:14 PM   #16
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindlebaby View Post
Hello, I wonder if it would be possible to be able to play audio files, not via bluetooth but directly via USB-C connected to a headset. Has anyone ever thought of reading an audio book?
You can listen to Audible books with the Kindle's native support directly. You can listen to an audio book in MP3 format by placing it in the music folder.

A USB connected headset could only work if the drivers are present and configured properly. I believe aplay is present on the Kindle and can be used with properly configured drivers.

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 03:33 AM   #17
Kindlebaby
Kindlebaby began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 11th generation
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdurgee View Post
You can listen to Audible books with the Kindle's native support directly. You can listen to an audio book in MP3 format by placing it in the music folder.

A USB connected headset could only work if the drivers are present and configured properly. I believe aplay is present on the Kindle and can be used with properly configured drivers.

Dave
Hello Dave,
In fact after several manipulations the extension does not work very well on my PW5 11th (5.14.2 jailbreak)
Sox does not detect the files, or if it does it is 1 out of 5 times. They are however placed in the /music folder at the root in Mp3 format.
I tried to put an MP3 file in the Audible folder but the same my kindle does not detect anything.
Kindlebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 12:34 AM   #18
rmib200
rmib200 began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 11th
available in PW11?

Hi, I'm new to the kindle world, I wanted to know if it is possible to listen to audio in the PW 11 Generation and how can I possibly do that? I would really appreciate any help.
rmib200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 11:10 AM   #19
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmib200 View Post
Hi, I'm new to the kindle world, I wanted to know if it is possible to listen to audio in the PW 11 Generation and how can I possibly do that? I would really appreciate any help.
Does your Kindle support Audible content? If so, then it is possible if you can install the JB and this extension.

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mp3, sox