Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-30-2022, 03:09 PM   #1
Rand Brittain
Bookmaker
Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus
Different Templates for Different File Types?

Is there a way to set Calibre to send different file types to different folders using a different template for each type?

I have a large Caliber library of EPUBs that I want to put in an EPUB folder divided into subfolders by author name:

Quote:
{author}/{title}
I also have a large separate Calibre PDF library of role-playing game manuals that I want to send to a PDF folder which is divided into a hierarchy of subfolders by publisher, line, subline, edition, and subset, according to a complicated template someone helped me make:

Code:
{publisher}/{#line: re(: , - )}/{#subline: re(: , - )}/{#edition}/{#subset}/{title: re(: , - )}
Is there a way to get Calibre to automatically send EPUBs to the EPUB folder according to the EPUB template, while sending PDFs to the PDF folder according to the PDF template?
Rand Brittain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 03:39 PM   #2
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
I use Action Chains' single-field edit to populate a custom column, #kobopath:

Code:
program:

# Returns 'Fanfiction/Fandom' tag for fanfics
	if $$#fanficcat then
		list_re($tags, ',', '^Fanfiction.(.*)$', 'Fanfiction/\1')

# Returns 'Kobo' for Kobo store books
	elif '\[Kobo Store\]' in $#kobostatus then 'Kobo Store' 

# Returns 'PDF' for PDFs
	elif $formats == 'PDF' then
		'PDF'

# Returns 'Loans' for Loans
	elif 'Loans' in $#vls then
		'Loans'

# Returns booktype for others
	else
		$#booktype

fi
Then fit that into the send-to-device path (see here for why I'm using a re):

Code:
{#kobopath:re(_,/)}/{author_sort:sublist(0,1,&)}/{title} - {authors}
The main thing is that I can't remember how (or if even possible) to make a GPM template output the results of a single-function template. It may be easier to make separate chains for each template-type.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 11-30-2022 at 03:47 PM.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2022, 02:27 PM   #3
Rand Brittain
Bookmaker
Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus
Yikes, that's even more complex than I feared.

Alternately, is there a way to make it function differently on a single device by Calibre library rather than by file type?
Rand Brittain is offline   Reply With Quote