Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-23-2023, 06:32 PM   #916
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmetsosyal View Post
is it possible to make the ereader automatically boot into KOReader after a restart? Thanks...
No, because it's a terrible idea, here's my TED talk why.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2023, 06:33 PM   #917
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cape1234 View Post
OTA update is not available in the stable channel. I tried different server addresses.
That's probably because you're already running the latest stable (2023.04 at the time of writing).
Advert
Old 05-25-2023, 01:30 PM   #918
vikas911
vikas911 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Elipsa 2E
NiLuJe,

Thank you for this, I just got Kobo Elipsa 2E, and tried your method, the automated way for Plato and KOreader install and the installer script worked perfectly, device rebooted, but both Plato and KOReader crash upon opening, and device reboots.

NickelMenu shows up, I can see both Plato and KOReader there, but if I try to start it just will not load.

Any pointers you may have would be appreciated, if there isn't a way to get it to work, what is the best way to uninstall? is it even possible?

Thank you for all this effort you've put into allowing us to be able to use KOReader on our devices, we all appreciate it.
vikas911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 02:52 PM   #919
favero_
Enthusiast
favero_ began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Hi!

After connecting my Kobo Libra 2 to my computer and transfering a book through Calibre (as I had done several times before), Koreader crashed and I can't make it work again. I tried to reinstall it through the one-click app, but with no luck. Attached is the image of the error.

If there was a way to correct this without losing my koreader metadata, I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2023-05-25 at 14.46.56.jpeg
Views:	125
Size:	176.4 KB
ID:	201678  
favero_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 03:15 PM   #920
favero_
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by favero_ View Post
Hi!

After connecting my Kobo Libra 2 to my computer and transfering a book through Calibre (as I had done several times before), Koreader crashed and I can't make it work again. I tried to reinstall it through the one-click app, but with no luck. Attached is the image of the error.

If there was a way to correct this without losing my koreader metadata, I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks,
Never mind, I figured it out: I had deleted a book that was in my favorites, and the reader was set to boot in the favorites page. So I guess it couldn't boot because it couldn't find one of the books. Putting it back in the e-reader solved it.

Advert
Old 05-25-2023, 03:23 PM   #921
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikas911 View Post
Kobo Elipsa 2E.
c.f., https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/10408

I'm waiting on Kobo to actually release the kernel sources. As an actual owner of the device, feel free to poke Kobo CS about that.
Old 05-25-2023, 03:24 PM   #922
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Quote:
Never mind, I figured it out: I had deleted a book that was in my favorites, and the reader was set to boot in the favorites page. So I guess it couldn't boot because it couldn't find one of the books. Putting it back in the e-reader solved it.

Are you on the latest stable or nightly?

IIRC, we used to handle that sanely (at least for last opened, maybe not favs), so I do consider that as a bug. A crash is not nice .
Old 05-25-2023, 07:02 PM   #923
vikas911
vikas911 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Elipsa 2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
c.f., https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/10408

I'm waiting on Kobo to actually release the kernel sources. As an actual owner of the device, feel free to poke Kobo CS about that.
Will do!
vikas911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2023, 08:18 AM   #924
favero_
Enthusiast

Quote:
Are you on the latest stable or nightly?

IIRC, we used to handle that sanely (at least for last opened, maybe not favs), so I do consider that as a bug. A crash is not nice .
I'm in the latest stable version. I don't know how to report this then. What should I do?

And yeah, the crash scared me so much! hahahah
Old 05-26-2023, 01:27 PM   #925
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Quote:
I don't know how to report this then
I did that for you yesterday, and @hius07 jumped on it and fixed it .

https://github.com/koreader/koreader/pull/10488
Old 06-18-2023, 11:25 PM   #926
serdar0020
Zealot
serdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Aura One limited ed. 2017-32 GB + Kobo Clara 2E 2022
I don't know if this is hardware related, but more and more often, when I tap on the right side of the screen (Kobo Aura One) to turn the page of an epub, it goes 1 page backward (using the latest KoReader 2023.05). Any ideas?

Last edited by serdar0020; 06-18-2023 at 11:29 PM.
serdar0020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2023, 08:00 AM   #927
najim
najim began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
I cant download script for windows its just show me another page with script; what suppose to do
najim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2023, 02:00 PM   #928
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by najim View Post
I cant download script for windows its just show me another page with script; what suppose to do
Right click on the link and then "save link as" should do the trick.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2023, 07:23 AM   #929
turnroot
turnroot began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I forgot to turn off the Kobo auto-update and now I need to reinstall everything because I get the generator error.
How can I do this if I used the One-klick method? I chose both Plato and KOReader. I have NickelMenu, too.
turnroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2023, 08:38 AM   #930
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@turnroot:
Quote:
NOTE: Something that bears repeating from KFMon's FAQ: a FW update will disable it, so you'll have to reinstall it after a FW update in order to be able to launch stuff again, which is why there's a package dedicated to that listed at the bottom of this post.

Tags
kfmon, kobo, koreader, plato