Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-23-2016, 04:30 PM   #1
Montana Harper
Zealot
Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone 12, Kindle Paperwhite 3
Question Automate epub editing?

Is there a way to automate editing a group of epubs to perform the same action on all of them? I've been getting books from InstaFreebie, which inserts a page with my name on it into the book, and that bugs me. I can manually go into each book and delete the page (which always has the same name in the epub structure), but I'd rather be able to automate the process so that Calibre just deletes that particular page (if it exists) from all selected books.

Anyone know if this is possible, maybe with a plugin or something? (I use both Polish Books and Modify ePub and it seems like the kind of thing that would be in their wheelhouse, but they're hard-coded as far as what they will edit/manipulate.)

TIA!
Montana Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 04:50 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@Montana Harper - because it's vendor specific it's probably more suited to the Modify optional PI, rather than Polish Books.

Optional PI's are shipped as source code, so you could try hacking the Modify PI to add a new item - Remove InstaFreebie page. The Remove metadata jackets option might provide a 'model' to work from.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2016, 10:57 PM   #3
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Not exactly what the op wants but I also want an automation as I run 3 things on every epub. Arrange into folders, filter style information, remove unused css styles ability to run all 3 one after the other automatically would be appreciated.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
automation, edit book, epub