Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 02-25-2023, 01:04 PM   #1216
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
The backlight of an lcd device and the leds around an eink device are the same from the PoV of the OS.

For instance, on my linux laptop "brightnessctl" returns

Code:
Device 'intel_backlight' of class 'backlight':
	Current brightness: 100 (53%)
	Max brightness: 187
and I can set the desired brightness from 0 (off) to the max brightness specified above.

In the same vein, on a eink device with frontlight leds I can set the brightness from the minimum to the maximum.

In both cases which determines the minimum and the maximum are device drivers. In this case I can retrieve the info that's exported in sysfs with "udevadm info --attribute-walk --path=/sys/class/backlight/intel_backlight"

the result, as you can see, returns the same:

Code:
looking at device '/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:02.0/drm/card0/card0-eDP-1/intel_backlight':
    KERNEL=="intel_backlight"
    SUBSYSTEM=="backlight"
    DRIVER==""
    ATTR{actual_brightness}=="100"
    ATTR{bl_power}=="0"
    ATTR{brightness}=="100"
    ATTR{max_brightness}=="187"
    ATTR{power/control}=="auto"
    ATTR{power/runtime_active_time}=="0"
    ATTR{power/runtime_status}=="unsupported"
    ATTR{power/runtime_suspended_time}=="0"
    ATTR{scale}=="unknown"
    ATTR{type}=="raw"
So, to sum up:

Kernel drivers provide our (and stock) source of truth.

It could be possible to tweak specific kernel drivers to provide more granularity in case the minimum/maximum exposed by the driver don't match the (safe) minimum/maximum the hardware is capable. The same happens with the steps between n and n+/-1 brightness.

Nobody sensible enough is going to play with this on a embedded device like the Kindle.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2023, 02:01 PM   #1217
kos25k
Connoisseur
kos25k is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!kos25k is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!kos25k is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!kos25k is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!kos25k is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!kos25k is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!kos25k is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!kos25k is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!kos25k is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!kos25k is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!kos25k is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Amazon Kindle basic
Quote:
Originally Posted by mergen3107 View Post
On most isb controller data is not active if there is no power, so the only battery-friendly option is to have ssh.
I think your option is the best.But i think i have to block system to update so to not lose jailbreak.Is there any proper way to do this?
kos25k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2023, 02:09 PM   #1218
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
look for renameotabin extension here. Another option is to fill up the disk space until less than 200 mb is left (e. g., with manga ).

One very dramatic way, which I can’t test since I don’t own a Kindle anymore, but I think will work, is to mess with ca-certificates to remove the Amazon-only certificates.
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2023, 05:34 AM   #1219
kos25k
Connoisseur
kos25k is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!kos25k is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!kos25k is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!kos25k is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!kos25k is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!kos25k is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!kos25k is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!kos25k is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!kos25k is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!kos25k is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!kos25k is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Amazon Kindle basic
Guys can someone help me?Which is the ideal format to read pdf's?I noticed that when format is pdf,some settings that regard view are missing,so i can't adjust the pdf to fill ok to the screen.Maybe epub or mobi?(i want as much as possible document settings)
kos25k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2024, 02:29 PM   #1220
mgrimace
Connoisseur
mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, Kobo Libra H2O, Kobo Libra 2
Hello, looking for advice -
Setup: I have a KO2, jailbroken with Koreader. I have both Calibre and Calibre-web self-hosted.

Question: What’s the ‘best’ way to browse/send/manage books from my library to my Kindle, and organize them once they’re there.
- By ‘best’ I mean browsing my content, ideally with covers, and copying them wirelessly from my library to the device. Calibre-web OPDS, calibre server, calibre koreader plugin… there’s options.
- And in terms of downloading, how do folks organize the files/folders on the device. For example, I can see the in-built Kindle authors/titles on my main Koreader screen, which appear as ‘empty’ because they’re awz3/kfx…do folks put the books there? A single Koreader folder? Etc.

Thank you in advance for your setups, advice. It’s my first time using Koreader and I don’t have a good sense of the workflow on a kindle.
mgrimace is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
application, k5 tools, kindle, launcher add-ons, lua, reader, touch