Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 12-16-2009, 08:55 PM   #136
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmee View Post
The fact that it performs differently on different people's devices is, in itself, a major problem.
I am with you on this.
What bothers me the most is how widely different these units behave.

I am back on the Nov 2009 firmware, and Music and EPUB Page turns are performing at acceptable (to me) performance.

Did Jinke build some of our units with alternate (normally a good manufacturing philosophy) parts and there are unplanned interactions?

My battery life has been excellent since day 1.
Page turns acceptable.
LIT long sleep locks up so I avoid a format , big deal.
Paint pealed, so I buffed that sucker to a Military grade shine

Still, you can pry my PEz from my cold dead hands.
It ain't a Kindle. It ain't a Sony and it aintt a Nook, who all want to lock you into their sources.
Hoo-Ya! for Astak to sell a product that allows the owners to buy books where they choose.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 01:22 AM   #137
camh
camh began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EZReader Pocket PRO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
All I can tell you is the latest (December) upgrade is on my personal Pocket PRO and I am now getting NINE (9) font sizes in PDF and EPUB with great graduation
To me, 9 font sizes is a step backwards. I currently have 5 and I switch between two sizes - 2 and 3. Switching from 2 to 3 is easy - one button press. Going the other way is a pain - I have to zoom 4 times to get from 3 to 2. With this latest update, does that mean I will have to press the zoom button 8 times to switch down a font size?

Edit: After posting, I figured I should read the manual - and there's the answer - select zoom off the menu and pick the size from there.

However, here's a feature suggestion: Allow disabling certain font sizes. I'd love it if I could set up the two sizes I use and just have the zoom button (8) toggle/cycle between them.

Last edited by camh; 12-29-2009 at 01:34 AM.
camh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2009, 01:43 PM   #138
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Continue to live, TheDucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I am with you on this.
What bothers me the most is how widely different these units behave.

I am back on the Nov 2009 firmware, and Music and EPUB Page turns are performing at acceptable (to me) performance.

Did Jinke build some of our units with alternate (normally a good manufacturing philosophy) parts and there are unplanned interactions?

My battery life has been excellent since day 1.
Page turns acceptable.
LIT long sleep locks up so I avoid a format , big deal.
Paint pealed, so I buffed that sucker to a Military grade shine

Still, you can pry my PEz from my cold dead hands.
It ain't a Kindle. It ain't a Sony and it aintt a Nook, who all want to lock you into their sources.
Hoo-Ya! for Astak to sell a product that allows the owners to buy books where they choose.
Nobody, but nobody, writes posts like TheDucks!

While he may be a bit graphic at times, TheDucks is great with his posts and he has my Hoo-Ya! Live long and prosper, Ducks!!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 10:42 AM   #139
nikoro
nikoro began at the beginning.

Device: astak ez reader
hi Robertb
What about file deleting in new version of firmware?
Is it possible?
nikoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 11:09 AM   #140
cloggy
Connoisseur
cloggy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-T1
Hi, unfortunately no file manipulation with this firmware... as far as I know it's with the LBOOK firmware versions or clones of that firmware version that have these file delete/copy/move functionality.
cloggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2010, 03:03 PM   #141
omro
Addict
omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Is there an community version of the firmware for these devices? The afore mentioned clones of the LBook firmware?
omro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 10:23 PM   #142
b_knits
b_knits is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 3G; Sony PRS-505; iPod Touch; Droid Incredible
My date keeps changing. I set it to the current date and time, and then it randomly changes. Right now its 10:21 ET on Jan 10, 2010 and it says it's 12:10 on 10/11/2009. I'm not sure if this unit uses MMDD or DDMM.
I think this is what is causing a problem where I can't open Overdrive epubs that are still within the checkout period.
Any ideas?
Thanks
b_knits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 11:46 PM   #143
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_knits View Post
My date keeps changing. I set it to the current date and time, and then it randomly changes. Right now its 10:21 ET on Jan 10, 2010 and it says it's 12:10 on 10/11/2009. I'm not sure if this unit uses MMDD or DDMM.
I think this is what is causing a problem where I can't open Overdrive epubs that are still within the checkout period.
Any ideas?
Thanks
The last date is the date shortly after a power off/reset (Normal for this device). Do Not turn the PEz off.

Other things seem to reset the Clock (power NOT shut down), I just have not found out what )
<Rant>
A battery backed "Real Time Clock" has been standard on computers since the first "IBM AT" (The PC and XT were like the PEz, you set them at power on or bought a 3rd party card that was read by the autoexec.bat file and used to set the PC time and date.)
Since the clock is required for some EPUB reading, it would have been nice if the clock setting was not fragile.
</rant>
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 11:50 PM   #144
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Welcome to the forum, B_knits!

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_knits View Post
If the reader's power is turned off then the date and time will change back to 12:00 on 05.11.2009. This is because there is no power to sustain the clock. Date is DD/MM/YYYY format. If you want the clock to keep "ticking" then use the keyboard lock (this uses an extremely low and negligible amount of power).
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 06:36 AM   #145
b_knits
b_knits is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 3G; Sony PRS-505; iPod Touch; Droid Incredible
Thank you very much!
b_knits is offline   Reply With Quote