Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 04-26-2024, 01:40 PM   #1
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
sending book to Kindle via SSH

For some reason I have been unable to determine or fix when I plug my Kindle into my laptop recently the mount is being done read-only. Needless to say this does not allow me to send books from my Calibre library to my Kindle.

I have the USB Networking running on my kindle with WiFi access enabled and can SSH to it over WiFi. I have been manually copying books to the Kindle by using Gigolo to do an SSH mount and using FileCommander to accomplish it.

Is there a way to configure Calibre to access the Kindle via SSH to accomplish what I am now doing manually?

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2024, 04:41 AM   #2
sgmoore
Connoisseur
sgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfolded

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdurgee View Post

Is there a way to configure Calibre to access the Kindle via SSH to accomplish what I am now doing manually?

Dave
Did you try the option Connect/Share then Connect to Folder ?

It may do what you are doing at the moment with FileCommander.

However this is not exactly the same as when connecting via USB. In particular some (or maybe all) Kindle's have bugs which causes it to lose the cover pages for sideloaded books. When connected via USB, calibre knows it is talking to a kindle and can work around these issues, but when connected to a share it doesn't know it is a kindle and hence can't.
sgmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-27-2024, 04:34 PM   #3
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgmoore View Post
Did you try the option Connect/Share then Connect to Folder ?

It may do what you are doing at the moment with FileCommander.

However this is not exactly the same as when connecting via USB. In particular some (or maybe all) Kindle's have bugs which causes it to lose the cover pages for sideloaded books. When connected via USB, calibre knows it is talking to a kindle and can work around these issues, but when connected to a share it doesn't know it is a kindle and hence can't.
I will give this a try, but I had hoped for something comparable to the USB plugin capability. I see there is a wireless device connection option, but that appears to be designed to work the other way.

I had hoped there was a way to tell Calibre to establish a SFTP connection to my Kindle PW4 and have it know that it is connected to it at the root level. Given this, the folder to place content is /mnt/us/documents and handle it the same way it would when USB attached.

Can it determine it is connected to a Kindle by the presence of the *.sdr sub-directories of the documents directory?

Perhaps a flag could be added when using the folder to tell that it is a share with a Kindle?

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote