Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-09-2018, 03:39 PM   #1
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
[Plugin] ACE - DAISY EPUB Accessibility Checker wrapper

Updated: October 4, 2019
Current Version: "0.2.2"

This plugin is a simple DAISY ACE (=Accessibility Checker for EPUB) wrapper.

Credits: This plugin uses an epubcfi module originally written by Kovid Goyal, which was adapted for Sigil by KevinH.

System requirements:

This plugin requires Sigil 0.9.5 or higher. Obviously, you'll also need to install DAISY ACE. (Theoretically, the plugin should work on Macs, too, however, I couldn't get it to work on a Mac.)

Installation:

1. Visit the Inclusive Publishing website and follow the ACE installation instructions.

2. Select Manage Plugins from the Plugins menu and select Use Bundled Python, if it isn't already selected.

3. Click Add Plugin and select ACE_v0.2.2.zip. This will install the plugin, which you can select via Plugins > Validation > ACE.

If ACE doesn't crash, it'll display all messages in the validation panel and in the default browser.
If you don't want the plugin to display the results in a web browser change the following value in the ACE.json preferences file to false.

Code:
{
  "html_output": false
}
BTW, KevinH has created an accessibility plugin that'll automatically add recommended attributes to epub files. You can download it here.

Known Issues:

Since the developers apparently haven't implemented the July 2019 recommendations of the EPUB Type to ARIA Role Authoring Guide, ACE 1.1.1 might erroneously flag some tags that can't have ARIA roles attributes.

License: GNU General Public License v3 (GPL-3)
Attached Files
File Type: zip ACE_0.2.2.zip (13.8 KB, 1916 views)

Last edited by Doitsu; 10-04-2019 at 06:53 AM. Reason: New plugin version with minor updates attached
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 08:46 AM   #2
elibrarian
Imperfect Perfectionist
elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
Released: February 9, 2018
Current Version: "0.1.0"
Known Issues:

ACE often crashes before generating the report files. Hopefully these crashes will be fixed in future versions.
Just to let you know: I've been using ACE since v. 0.6, and haven't seen a crash yet, neither when I use it by dumping the epub on a batchfile nor by using your plugin (Windows 10 Pro 64 bit).

And thanks for the plugin, it spares my old fingers some clicks

Regards,

Kim
elibrarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2018, 11:53 AM   #3
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Hi Doitsu,

I have modifed Kovid's Calibre cfi parsing code to run purely on Python 3 and to return stepnums in a manner that make sense to me (with -1 step indicators to indicate redirection) . With this new cfiparse.py code I should be able write an edit plugin that uses the bk to quickly convert the cfi to find the name of the problem file. I will then write some new code to walk the gumbo tree dom and return a line number and hopefully a correct character offset.

With this information, you should be able to create a validation plugin that will work fully inside Sigil.

Give me another week or so to put something together.

KevinH
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 11:58 AM   #4
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
I have modifed Kovid's Calibre cfi parsing code to run purely on Python 3 [...] With this information, you should be able to create a validation plugin that will work fully inside Sigil.

I really appreciate your efforts and will update the plugin once you've released the code.
Old 02-26-2018, 11:39 AM   #5
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
See: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=358
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2018, 11:54 AM   #6
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Thanks! I'll check it out.
Old 02-28-2018, 06:03 AM   #7
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer

Thanks to KevinH's help, I was able to convert the plugin from an edit plugin to a validation plugin.
I've attached a new version to the first post.
Old 05-18-2018, 06:45 AM   #8
ways2read
ways2read began at the beginning.

Thanks for the great plug in. Able to install and run it without a hitch- good work!
ways2read is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 10:29 AM   #9
ways2read

Quote:
Originally Posted by ways2read View Post
Thanks for the great plug in. Able to install and run it without a hitch- good work!
I should clarify that this was on Windows
Old 05-18-2018, 10:31 AM   #10
ways2read

Quote:
Thanks to KevinH's help, I was able to convert the plugin from an edit plugin to a validation plugin.
I've attached a new version to the first post.
Ace is running fine from terminal on my Macbook.

The plugin fails though. When I look at details, I see:

"Status: failed
Running ACE ... please wait.
-V: ace command not found"
Old 05-18-2018, 11:12 AM   #11
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ways2read View Post
The plugin fails though. When I look at details, I see:

"Status: failed
Running ACE ... please wait.
-V: ace command not found"
This is a known limitation that I mentioned in the first post:

Quote:
(Theoretically, the plugin should work on Macs, too, however, I couldn't get it to work on a Mac.)
Unfortunately, I don't know how to fix this.

Last edited by Doitsu; 05-18-2018 at 11:18 AM.
Old 11-04-2018, 01:20 PM   #12
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kindle Paperwhite
Hi, Doitsu.

Thank you for this great plugin!

I've been using ACE BY DAISY for a while as a command line tool. It's really great to use it integrated with Sigil.

Now... I wish this Plugin would be available for Calibre Editor as well. =)
Can it be done?

Last edited by thiago.eec; 11-04-2018 at 03:16 PM.
thiago.eec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 04:40 PM   #13
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiago.eec View Post
Now... I wish this Plugin would be available for Calibre Editor as well. =) Can it be done?
I don't intend to create a Calibre plugin version. You might want to ask about it in the Calibre Plugin Ideas thread.
Old 11-04-2018, 04:58 PM   #14
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
I don't intend to create a Calibre plugin version. You might want to ask about it in the Calibre Plugin Ideas thread.

... Thanks, anyway.
thiago.eec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 04:16 AM   #15
polizoto
polizoto began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone, iBooks, EPUB3
Any Updates to a Fix for the Macbook?

Quote:
This is a known limitation that I mentioned in the first post:

Unfortunately, I don't know how to fix this.

Has there been any progress on this issue? Thanks!

Joseph
polizoto is offline   Reply With Quote