Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 01-29-2016, 10:53 AM   #1
Calibre-Fan
Calibre-Fan began at the beginning.

Device: PC; Windows 7 x64
Spell Checker window on top of Editor window

Hello,
I have searched for a quite some time for a solution to my problem (forums and googling), to no avail.
I use Calibre on PC Win7 x64 (both 32-bit and x64) to edit epub formatted books.
Some of them have multitude of mistyped errors (more than 100s per book), so I use Calibre editor and on top of the editor I do open Spell Checking window. I do know Calibre editor by itself has a spell checking feature build in, but this is for single contextual occurrences. With multiple same errors, it is much faster to correct repetitive errors in batches. But very often I still do want to check the context of a word individually, and here is my problem: every time I want to access background editor window I am forced to close spell checker window. There is no minimize option, only help ? or close X options. So after checking context and getting back to spell checking I do have to every time re-open and reload spell checking dictionary. Is there any way to keep spell checking window still open while accessing the editor, and getting back to spell checker without the need to forcefully close it? Is there any settings option or command to accomplish this? Or if currently it is impossible, maybe it could be implemented in the future versions of Calibre, if possible?
If someone knows a solution, please let me know.
Thanks.
Calibre-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 11:11 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calibre-Fan View Post
Hello,
I have searched for a quite some time for a solution to my problem (forums and googling), to no avail.
I use Calibre on PC Win7 x64 (both 32-bit and x64) to edit epub formatted books.
Some of them have multitude of mistyped errors (more than 100s per book), so I use Calibre editor and on top of the editor I do open Spell Checking window. I do know Calibre editor by itself has a spell checking feature build in, but this is for single contextual occurrences. With multiple same errors, it is much faster to correct repetitive errors in batches. But very often I still do want to check the context of a word individually, and here is my problem: every time I want to access background editor window I am forced to close spell checker window. There is no minimize option, only help ? or close X options. So after checking context and getting back to spell checking I do have to every time re-open and reload spell checking dictionary. Is there any way to keep spell checking window still open while accessing the editor, and getting back to spell checker without the need to forcefully close it? Is there any settings option or command to accomplish this? Or if currently it is impossible, maybe it could be implemented in the future versions of Calibre, if possible?
If someone knows a solution, please let me know.
Thanks.
I just move it to my second screen.
But if you don't have a multihead rig, make the (main) editor smaller, close the other sections (can be restored from the View Menu) or simply drag the spell check so it is barely on the screen
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2016, 11:03 AM   #3
Calibre-Fan
Calibre-Fan began at the beginning.

Device: PC; Windows 7 x64
Hi theducks,
Thanks for your response.
Your solution is not perfect, but for now it has to do.
Shuffling (moving) spell checking window constantly is not too convenient (I have a single small laptop screen only), but at least I do not need to reload spell checker constantly, which saves some time.
THANKS!
Calibre-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 11:48 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
After reviewing my suggestion to Close other panes...
Leave one of the side ones and Make that one bigger. And fit the spell check over that.
This allows the Code window to remain visible
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote