Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-27-2012, 07:50 PM   #1
BNGA
BNGA began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Ids in the Metadata window

is there a way to get the Ids ( like Fantastic Fiction link) that you can click on when you are out of the Edit Metadata window on the Basic metadata page, because I like to click next instead of clicking on ok then clicking on the link and then clicking on the Edit metadata button.

Thanks Bridget
BNGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:10 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
They are available in the Book Details panel where the cover is shown - mine's on the right of the the Book list - its moveable if you know how

Make sure Preferences->Book Details->Identifiers is checked - see screen shot below

They should show as Amazon, FanFiction etc, click on them and the relevant page should open in your internet browser,

BR
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Calbre Capture.JPG
Views:	192
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	91412  
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2012, 08:22 PM   #3
BNGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
They are available in the Book Details panel where the cover is shown - mine's on the right of the the Book list - its moveable if you know how

Make sure Preferences->Book Details->Identifiers is checked - see screen shot below

They should show as Amazon, FanFiction etc, click on them and the relevant page should open in your internet browser,

BR
Thanks for the information and yes I have that checked and they are on the main page in calibre but I was wondering if they also can show up when you click the edit metadata window or not
Old 08-27-2012, 08:35 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Unhappy

Sorry BNGA, I misunderstood

There are clickable links in the Metadata download dialogue box, but not in the Edit metadata dialogue

Should be doable - you need to attract the attention of a core developer e.g. Kovid or Chaley, a msg with a reference to this thread might do the trick

BR
Old 08-27-2012, 08:51 PM   #5
BNGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Sorry BNGA, I misunderstood

There are clickable links in the Metadata download dialogue box, but not in the Edit metadata dialogue

Should be doable - you need to attract the attention of a core developer e.g. Kovid or Chaley, a msg with a reference to this thread might do the trick

BR

Not a problem and ty for your help. I did send a message to Kovid with the link. Again thanks so much

Bridget
Advert
Old 08-27-2012, 09:19 PM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNGA View Post
Not a problem and ty for your help. I did send a message to Kovid with the link. Again thanks so much

Bridget
No worries Bridget

Having clickable Identifiers in the Metadata Edit dialogue would be entirely consistent with having clickable Formats in that dialogue

BR
Old 08-28-2012, 01:07 AM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Not going to happen. The only way to do it, would be to make a separate control with clickable links. While I can appreciate that having clickable links would be nice, the tradeoff in used space is not worth it.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:21 AM   #8
BNGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Not going to happen. The only way to do it, would be to make a separate control with clickable links. While I can appreciate that having clickable links would be nice, the tradeoff in used space is not worth it.

Okay thanks for the reply back.

Bridget