Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 01-30-2020, 11:25 PM   #91
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
^ What Jon said. Why waste time on fixing some badly made ebook when you can find the same content (my guess is, even more completely, but definitely beautifully formatted) here in the MR library?
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 07:04 AM   #92
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleshuffle View Post
^ What Jon said. Why waste time on fixing some badly made ebook when you can find the same content (my guess is, even more completely, but definitely beautifully formatted) here in the MR library?
And if you wanted to make changes on the MR version, you could a lot easier.

The code in the eBook collection you are trying to fix is some of the worst code. There's no CSS file and the CSS is in every HTML. Plus, given the names of the CSS it's not done well. It was made using a very old version of Sigil and it was done in the worst way possible. Plus, there is a lot of code in the HTML instead of classes. It's not worth trying to fix it. Whoever made it has no idea what good code is.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 10:23 AM   #93
Argon
Enthusiast
Argon began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Oasis 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
@Argon, forget that Lovcraft book you downloaded. It's very poorly made. It's going to be a lot of work to fix. There are some Lovecraft books in the Mobileread library.
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleshuffle View Post
Quote:
And if you wanted to make changes on the MR version, you could a lot easier.

The code in the eBook collection you are trying to fix is some of the worst code. There's no CSS file and the CSS is in every HTML. Plus, given the names of the CSS it's not done well. It was made using a very old version of Sigil and it was done in the worst way possible. Plus, there is a lot of code in the HTML instead of classes. It's not worth trying to fix it. Whoever made it has no idea what good code is.
Oh, bummer. Thanks for the tip. I thought it was a little weird that she made it that way! Are there other ebooks out there that have his entire corpus, like that one?
Argon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 10:47 AM   #94
Argon
Enthusiast

Update: Looks like everything in the MR library was made for old formats and I can't preview the formatting without downloading and possibly converting them first, but the Kindle Store has a ton of different versions, all for under a few bucks!

https://www.amazon.com/kindle-dbs/en...opularity-rank

I'll just grab a few of these and figure out which one will be the most convenient to tweak in Calibre. (I'll post in here when I've decided, so others can benefit.)
Old 01-31-2020, 10:51 AM   #95
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argon View Post
Oh, bummer. Thanks for the tip. I thought it was a little weird that she made it that way! Are there other ebooks out there that have his entire corpus, like that one?
Yes, there is one in ePub.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=94970
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 01:37 PM   #96
Argon
Enthusiast

Quote:
Thank you so much!