Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 07-23-2017, 03:38 PM   #1
ljrkrispes
Enthusiast
ljrkrispes began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 1
Can I move books from Marvin on my iPad to Calibre on my Macbook?

Having trouble with my Calibre Library and just want to know if it all crashes, how can I move my books back from my Marvin iPad to a new install for Calibre on my Macbook? Thanks..
ljrkrispes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 05:20 PM   #2
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Not easily. You can swipe on individual books in the book list and select "Share books or annotations", then "send to". You can then save it to drop box or something similar.

It was intentionally limited to single books to prevent easy pirating - among other reasons.

Best bet is to keep multiple back-ups. Also, your calibre library might not be a total loss. I'm sure there are possible recovery options. Ask in the Calibre forum and they might be able to help.

Cheers,
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2017, 10:50 PM   #3
MartyTX
Dedicated
MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 1 & 4, Nook ST, Dell 11-3000, iPhone 5s
Best/safest practice is to keep a CURRENT backup of all books in your calibre library. However, if you don't have a current backup and calibre crashes, Marvin contains a built-in feature to create a current backup of all its books.

The feature is designed to backup Marvin, but part of the backup is a single "documents" folder that contains ALL the books you have in Marvin.

The simplest way to use Marvin's backup feature is to create the backup directly on the iPad and then use iTunes to copy it to your Macbook. Space required is about 1:1. For example, if you have 500 MB of books in Marvin, you will temporarily need another 500 MB of space on your iPad to create the backup. After the backup is copied to your Macbook, you can delete it from your iPad to regain all of the space.

If you decide to use Marvin to reload books into calibre, post here if you need additional details.
MartyTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 02:36 AM   #4
Valkrider
Addict
Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, iPadAir2, PRS600, iPhone 6, iPod, Palm TX
Yes you can very easily.

Connect your ipad/iphone to your Mac and start iTunes. Go to your device and then Apps in iTunes click on Marvin and all your books show in the right pane just drag and drop them to a folder on your Mac and then add them to your new Calibre install.
Valkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 02:07 PM   #5
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkrider View Post
Yes you can very easily.

Connect your ipad/iphone to your Mac and start iTunes. Go to your device and then Apps in iTunes click on Marvin and all your books show in the right pane just drag and drop them to a folder on your Mac and then add them to your new Calibre install.
lolz - I stand corrected!

I thought iTunes had gone the way of the dinosaur...
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-25-2017, 07:47 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
I thought iTunes had gone the way of the dinosaur...
Good heavens, no. One of my most-used programs!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote