Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-23-2013, 04:29 PM   #1
wizco
wizco began at the beginning.

Device: none
Cloud sync + map functionalities

Hello everyone,

I am new in this forum, but actually I've been following you for a long time.

First of all thanks for this awesome forum and depository on ebook knowledge. Secondly I'm wondering if you guys can help me on the following questions:
  1. Is it possible for kobo to sync your notes to the cloud storage space?
  2. Is there any map application for offline maps on kobo?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by wizco; 07-23-2013 at 04:35 PM.
wizco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:20 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizco View Post

1. Is it possible for kobo to sync your notes to the cloud storage space?
Only for kepubs from the Kobo shop.
Quote:
2. Is there any map application for offline maps on kobo?
No. There are no official applications that can be added to the device. There are people working on some in the developers subforum, but a map isn't one of them.

Last edited by davidfor; 07-23-2013 at 07:25 PM. Reason: Fixed some funky quoting
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2013, 09:24 PM   #3
wizco
wizco began at the beginning.

Device: none
Then i have to hack kobo to save notes in google drive then?

About the maps i think i'll just use high resolution jpg images from the places and hope for the best :-)
wizco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 10:12 PM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizco View Post
Then i have to hack kobo to save notes in google drive then?
I'm not sure if there is a way to do this. For sideloaded books in the main memory, the annotations are stored in two place: the device database and a file. The file might be the thing to look at. Someone has written a hack to connect to google drive for books. A modification of that might be the thing to look at.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote