Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-21-2014, 06:32 AM   #1
Nabeel
Zealot
Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Kobo Downloads / Verso Books - A Problem

I bought a Verso title from Kobo books. I've used Kobo a lot, and usually find the service excellent. However, apparently Verso have insisted on a different deal with Kobo, and their books don't download in the normal way.

In fact, as far as I can see, they don't download at all. I've contacted Kobo, and been told to use the drop-down menu on the My Library page to check that I've purchased the book. There is no drop down menu, although my account confirms that the book has been purchased.

I've been trying to re-contact Kobo today, but I'm just getting a reply saying that my account is being used by someone else!

Anyone got any advice? For the moment, I'd say don't buy Verso from Kobo.

N
Nabeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 08:43 AM   #2
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Did you look in Kobo Desktop? It sounds like the books are in kepub format.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 08:46 AM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
This thread does not belong in the General Discussion thread.

We have a Kobo Forum.

Please take the time now to look over our site and post responsibly.

This thread has now been moved to the Kobo Forum.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 03:25 PM   #4
paxmark1
Enthusiast
paxmark1 can grok the meaning of the universe.paxmark1 can grok the meaning of the universe.paxmark1 can grok the meaning of the universe.paxmark1 can grok the meaning of the universe.paxmark1 can grok the meaning of the universe.paxmark1 can grok the meaning of the universe.paxmark1 can grok the meaning of the universe.paxmark1 can grok the meaning of the universe.paxmark1 can grok the meaning of the universe.paxmark1 can grok the meaning of the universe.paxmark1 can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo Glo
Check to see if it is only available as pdf. Kobo does not highlight well when the ebook you are buying is only .pdf. I bought a ebook from Kobo that cost$1.09 CDN$ that turned out to be .pdf only. It is hard tracking it down.
paxmark1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 05:05 AM   #5
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
This thread does not belong in the General Discussion thread.

We have a Kobo Forum.

Please take the time now to look over our site and post responsibly.

This thread has now been moved to the Kobo Forum.

Don
(Moderator)
Thank you.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 05:02 AM   #6
Nabeel
Zealot
Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sorry to sound stupid, but where is the Kobo desktop? I still can't download the damn thing, and I still can't ask Kobo for more information.
Old 06-28-2014, 05:03 AM   #7
Nabeel
Zealot

Where would I find the PDF books?
Old 06-28-2014, 05:27 AM   #8
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabeel View Post
Sorry to sound stupid, but where is the Kobo desktop? I still can't download the damn thing, and I still can't ask Kobo for more information.
The Kobo desktop application is downloadable from http://www.kobosetup.com/.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabeel View Post
Where would I find the PDF books?
Do you mean how do you find the PDF books in the Kobo store? If so, no idea. When you look at a book, there is info on where you can read the books. I have never seen anything that indicates if the book is only a PDF.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo books, verso