Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-05-2006, 01:24 PM   #31
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsgreer

Anyway, some friends found out, they read the books and liked them. Then it just sort of became a real project. The downside is that I have some fun story ideas and enjoy the writing but I have very poor grammar skills!! I'm taking some writing classes at a local community college and learning what I should have learned long ago in high school.

I
Actually, in my reading, I'm more interested in good "story Telling" ability than good grammar. Wish I could write creatively but that is a real talent. Keep up the good work.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 05:13 PM   #32
diabloNL
Gadget Force®
diabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with others

Device: Sony PRS-300 + Cybook with funny screen :P
Is it the idea that text in the center like chapter numbers stay in the center with this macro because with me they also go to the left after I ran the macro.
diabloNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2006, 03:40 PM   #33
diabloNL
Gadget Force®
diabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with others

I have added some things to the macro for my personal use but thought that It would be good to share it.

What will it do?
It will center all titles, chapter numbers etc. The original Macro alligned everything to the left.

It will justify all paragraphs, but it won't affect your centered titles etc.

Where to add it in the original macro?
Be sure you use the latest original Macro. Add my code just before "End sub" at the end of the original code.

I also attached a sample file where you can try my code on in case it doesn't work with your file. Then you can edit where needed.

Here is the code:

Code:
'This following section will bring left outlined titles/chapters to the center
'and justifies all paragraphs but won't affect titles etc.

With Selection.Find 'This prevents paragraphs from being centered.
.Text = ".^p"
.Replacement.Text = "#*"
.Forward = True
.Wrap = wdFindContinue
.Format = False
.MatchCase = False
.MatchWholeWord = False
.MatchByte = False
.MatchWildcards = False
.MatchSoundsLike = False
.MatchAllWordForms = False
End With
Selection.Find.Execute Replace:=wdReplaceAll

With Selection.Find 'Bring left outlined titles/chapters to the center

.Text = "^p^p"
   .Replacement.Text = ""
   .Forward = True
   .Wrap = wdFindStop
   .Format = False
   .MatchCase = False
   .MatchWholeWord = False
   .MatchWildcards = False
   .MatchSoundsLike = False
End With
While Selection.Find.Execute
  Selection.ParagraphFormat.Alignment = wdAlignParagraphCenter
Wend

With Selection.Find 'Restores the paragraph marks at the end of the paragraphs
.Text = "#*"
.Replacement.Text = ".^p"
.Forward = True
.Wrap = wdFindContinue
.Format = False
.MatchCase = False
.MatchWholeWord = False
.MatchByte = False
.MatchWildcards = False
.MatchSoundsLike = False
End With

Selection.GoTo What:=wdGoToPage, Which:=wdGoToNext, Name:="1"   'Take cursor at beginning of document

With Selection.Find 'This step will justify all paragraphs, but not titles etc.
   .Text = ".^p"
   .Replacement.Text = ""
   .Forward = True
   .Wrap = wdFindStop
   .Format = False
   .MatchCase = False
   .MatchWholeWord = False
   .MatchWildcards = False
   .MatchSoundsLike = False
End With
While Selection.Find.Execute
  Selection.ParagraphFormat.Alignment = wdAlignParagraphJustify
Wend

Selection.GoTo What:=wdGoToPage, Which:=wdGoToNext, Name:="1"   'Take cursor at beginning of document
Attached Files
File Type: doc Test.doc (25.5 KB, 634 views)
Old 01-10-2007, 09:36 AM   #34
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-500 /prs 650 soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT
Hi valkyriesound,

Proceed as follows. These instructions are for Word 2002, but other versions of Word work pretty much the same way:

1. Run Word.
2. Select the "Tools/Macro/Record New Macro" menu item. This will give you a dialog box into which you can type the macro name. Call it, for example, "FormatEBook".
3. Select the "Tools/Macro/Stop Recording" menu item. You now have an "empty" macro called "FormatEBook.
4. Select the "Tools/Macro/Macros" menu item, select the "FormatEBook" macro, and click the "Edit" button. This will open the VB editor on the macro, which will start with a line saying "Sub FormatEBook()", have a couple of comment lines beginning with a single quote, and finish with the line "End Sub".
5. Copy the text of the book formatting macro from the previous page, and press "Ctrl+C" to copy it to the clipboard. Go back to the VB editor, position the cursor on the line underneath the "Sub FormatEBook()" line, and press "Ctrl+V" to paste the text into the macro.
6. Click the "Save" button, then close the VB editor.

Now, all you have to do is simply load a text file into Word, and then select "Tools/Macro/Macros". Double click the "FormatEBook" macro to run it.

Hope that helps.
Oh thank you, just found this and might give it a shot. Not good at this stuff...
Aprilbeginnings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 10:00 AM   #35
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT
Hi valkyriesound,

Proceed as follows. These instructions are for Word 2002, but other versions of Word work pretty much the same way:

1. Run Word.
2. Select the "Tools/Macro/Record New Macro" menu item. This will give you a dialog box into which you can type the macro name. Call it, for example, "FormatEBook".
3. Select the "Tools/Macro/Stop Recording" menu item. You now have an "empty" macro called "FormatEBook.
4. Select the "Tools/Macro/Macros" menu item, select the "FormatEBook" macro, and click the "Edit" button. This will open the VB editor on the macro, which will start with a line saying "Sub FormatEBook()", have a couple of comment lines beginning with a single quote, and finish with the line "End Sub".
5. Copy the text of the book formatting macro from the previous page, and press "Ctrl+C" to copy it to the clipboard. Go back to the VB editor, position the cursor on the line underneath the "Sub FormatEBook()" line, and press "Ctrl+V" to paste the text into the macro.
6. Click the "Save" button, then close the VB editor.

Now, all you have to do is simply load a text file into Word, and then select "Tools/Macro/Macros". Double click the "FormatEBook" macro to run it.

Hope that helps.
Oh oh, something is not working for me. I get this error

Compile Error:
Only comments may appear after End Sub, End function or end property.

Guess I just don't understand
Advert
Old 01-10-2007, 10:03 AM   #36
diabloNL
Gadget Force®

Make sure you don't have twice "End sub" on the end.
Old 01-10-2007, 10:35 AM   #37
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloNL
Make sure you don't have twice "End sub" on the end.
I removed that cause I am trying this over and over. Now I get an invalid character error when I run it on the book. Also does the text have to be txt only or can it also be rft? I did try it on a txt file when I get that error. here is how my macro looks when I saved it. Of course my version of word is 2000 if that makes any difference

Sub FormatforSony()
'
' ebook_formatter Macro
' Macro created 11/29/2006
'
' This step take you to the top of your document
Selection.GoTo what:=wdGoToPage, which:=wdGoToNext, Name:="1"
' This step clears formatting and sets font to my preferred size
'
Selection.Find.ClearFormatting
Selection.Find.Replacement.ClearFormatting
Selection.WholeStory
Selection.Font.Name = "Times New Roman"
Selection.Font.Size = 14
With Selection.Font
.NameFarEast = ""
.NameAscii = "Times New Roman"
.NameOther = "Times New Roman"
.Name = ""
.Size = 14
.Bold = False
.Italic = False
End With
' This step replaces hard page breaks
'
With Selection.Find
.Text = "^m"
.Replacement.Text = ""
.Forward = True
.Wrap = wdFindContinue
.Format = False
.MatchCase = False
.MatchWholeWord = False
.MatchByte = False
.MatchWildcards = False
.MatchSoundsLike = False
End With
' This step replace the correct paragraph mark with a temporary sign "#*#", if your document has that sign, replace
' with some other special character
'
With Selection.Find
.Text = "^p^p"
.Replacement.Text = "#*#"
.Forward = True
.Wrap = wdFindContinue
.Format = False
.MatchCase = False
.MatchWholeWord = False
.MatchByte = False
.MatchWildcards = False
.MatchSoundsLike = False
End With
' This step will replace the inappropriate line break with a space. Also see remark below
'
With Selection.Find
.Text = "^p"
.Replacement.Text = " "
.Forward = True
.Wrap = wdFindContinue
.Format = False
.MatchCase = False
.MatchWholeWord = False
.MatchByte = False
.MatchWildcards = False
.MatchSoundsLike = False
End With
' This step will return the paragraph break to normal
'
With Selection.Find
.Text = "#*#"
.Replacement.Text = "^p^p"
.Forward = True
.Wrap = wdFindContinue
.Format = False
.MatchCase = False
.MatchWholeWord = False
.MatchByte = False
.MatchWildcards = False
.MatchSoundsLike = False
End With
'this section will remove multiple spaces. If you do not want
'two spaces after the ending period then remove the first and last
'paragraph in this section.
'
Selection.Find.ClearFormatting
Selection.Find.Replacement.ClearFormatting
With Selection.Find
.Text = ". "
.Replacement.Text = "#!#"
.Forward = True
.Wrap = wdFindContinue
.Format = False
.MatchCase = False
.MatchWholeWord = False
.MatchByte = False
.MatchWildcards = False
.MatchSoundsLike = False
End With
With Selection.Find
.Text = "([ ]{2,6})"
.Replacement.Text = " "
.Forward = True
.Wrap = wdFindContinue
.Format = False
.MatchCase = False
.MatchWholeWord = False
.MatchSoundsLike = False
.MatchWildcards = False
End With
With Selection.Find
.Text = "#!#"
.Replacement.Text = ". "
.Forward = True
.Wrap = wdFindContinue
.Format = False
.MatchCase = False
.MatchWholeWord = False
.MatchByte = False
.MatchWildcards = False
.MatchSoundsLike = False
End With
'
' FormatforSony Macro
' Macro recorded 1/10/2007 by
'
End Sub
Old 01-10-2007, 10:50 AM   #38
diabloNL
Gadget Force®

I tried what you have and it works fine. Could you send me the book to try?
Old 01-10-2007, 10:53 AM   #39
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

Sure if You send me your email address via pm. I don't see where I can attach it here in the private emails unless I am missing something.
Old 01-10-2007, 11:00 AM   #40
diabloNL
Gadget Force®

I sent you a PM.
Old 01-10-2007, 11:11 AM   #41
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

Quote:
I sent you a PM.
You got mail twice and from two different places, LOL.
Old 01-10-2007, 05:45 PM   #42
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

Quote:
I sent you a PM.
A BIG thank you diabloNL for all your help to get this working for me. Finally! Whew.......
Old 01-10-2007, 05:52 PM   #43
diabloNL
Gadget Force®

Your more than welcome!
Old 01-10-2007, 07:03 PM   #44
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
It looks like I will be adding a page or so the the Wiki this weekend on conversion tools like Book Designer and the like. I think the Word Formatting Macro should be there too and will include it in the listing.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 10:36 PM   #45
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aprilbeginnings
A BIG thank you diabloNL for all your help to get this working for me.
Remember, nothing says "thank you" quite like like karma!
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
content, conversion, formatting