Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 10-02-2018, 12:46 PM   #1
sajwijnings
sajwijnings began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura 2 H2O Edition
Loading Calibre Library folder from SSH server

I use Calibre to manage my ebooks on Linux Mint 19 on a desktop computer.
My ebooks are located on an SSH server. The SSH server also runs Linux Mint.
I want to import my Calibre library from my server to Calibre 3.21 on my desktop computer. The mounted network folder is not visible in Calibre when i click Calibre library - Export/Import all Calibre data: I only see my local folders.
Is there any way to import my library from my SSH server without the need to save my library locally?

Thanks in advance,

Stefan

Server:
Linux Mint 19 Cinnamon Edition (kernel 4.15.0.36, 64 bit)

Desktop computer:
Linux Mint 19 Cinnamon Edition (kernel 4.15.0.36, 64 bit)
sajwijnings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 01:12 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Import/export expects:
1) Export is driven from the host
2) the output is to a drive (scratch area?)
3) Import is done from the Target using the (spanned zip) files saved to the scratch drive

If you settings are stable, just COPY the Library folder, and REPLACE (do not overlay. obsolete files will be left.) the existing one
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2018, 01:53 PM   #3
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
I've successfully used NFS to access a calibre library from a PC running Linux to a Linux server, a Synology NAS. But it was pretty slow. I had the calibre database locally and just the book files on the NAS.

I would expect SSH to be VERY slow compared to NFS. Orders of magnitude slower. Don't use SAMBA, there lurks dragons!

Currently I access the calibre library locally, for speed, and back it up using automatic versioned rsync snapshots to a NFS share on a server, a tiny Odroid HC2 NAS, running OMV, with a huge HDD.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 03:15 PM   #4
sajwijnings
sajwijnings began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura 2 H2O Edition
Resolved using rsync.
I use rsync to update my library from my server to a local folder on my desktop pc. Calibre reads the library from that local folder.

Thank you all for your help!
sajwijnings is offline   Reply With Quote