Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 06-22-2008, 09:46 AM   #61
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Do downloads direct to the Kindle increment the download counts?

I notice that most contributors pay attention to those:
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 10:06 AM   #62
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Not to throw a rock in the pond but the EEE has always had the ability to get books anytime. Now why is it so underrated as to always forget about it?
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2008, 11:38 AM   #63
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I honestly don't consider a device with a 3h battery life to be a viable bookreader, Yvan; most Tablet PCs have the same issue. Yes, I think we're all very well aware that mobile PC's have the ability to download files directly; I've always been able to do it on my Windows Smartphone for that matter, but none of these devices are dedicated bookreaders.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 03:58 PM   #64
elsussman
Connoisseur
elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle paperwhite, kindle voyage and android kindle app
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
I first found this site ages ago. Anytime I"m looking for something in a particular order, I hit this site first. Such a treasure.
I also like the fact that he links to various booksellers in order to buy a copy. He should expand the links to include ebook versions. I have tried contacting the webmaster with a question...sometimes answers once he did not. I would think that perhaps the owners of ebook sellers like fictionwise( my favorite commercial ebook source) should contact him to expand his links to ebook sellers as well. It would be a boon for them as well as for us

Elihu
elsussman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 07:08 PM   #65
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by jujuridl1 View Post
I just want to thank everyone involved for this wonderful resource. I will have to quit my job now, to get to my reading.... but that is a small thing.
...and that is a very nice and considerate way to introduce yourself in a first post, jujuridl1. You should also head over to the Introduce Yourself section, and...well, introduce yourself, I guess.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2008, 07:40 PM   #66
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by jujuridl1 View Post
I just want to thank everyone involved for this wonderful resource. I will have to quit my job now, to get to my reading.... but that is a small thing.
Nice work if you can get it. Hope next lotto win is 6of6 rather than 5of6 (which paid for my Kindle.)

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 02:29 AM   #67
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
Do downloads direct to the Kindle increment the download counts?
Yes it does increment the counts. With a little exception though. Kindle users came with the same range of IPs (from Amazon); so if multiple Kindle users download the same e-book during the same little time interval, our flood protection kicks into place preventing it from increasing the count more than by one (this is to prevent users with download managers to make our system think that multiple downloads occur at once). It's a unlikely situation though. So yes, in general, it does increment the counts.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 11:11 AM   #68
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Is there a way to put a link to the guide prominently on the front page, so that newcomers and those surfing by on their ereader devices can find it easily.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 06:09 PM   #69
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Is there a way to put a link to the guide prominently on the front page, so that newcomers and those surfing by on their ereader devices can find it easily.
Agreed, it's kinda buried inside the "E-Books" drop-menu right now. Hmmm. The frontpage isn't really laid out to add single threads or links (it needs a redo... someday). Perhaps somewhere in the right column would work for now. How does this sound?
Old 06-24-2008, 06:13 PM   #70
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sounds good Alex. Thanks! You ever think about making a weekly/monthly version available directly on the Kindle site as a free blog type subscription (or any other ereader device sites)?
Old 06-24-2008, 06:40 PM   #71
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Well, uhm, check here. But honestly, I don't think our members should pay to receive MobileRead on the Kindle. I think FeedBooks will offer a great alternative in regard to fetching our RSS feed to Kindle in the future.

We've also planned to offer something like a weekly MobileRead Kindle/Mobipocket edition containing the latest threads and discussions in our forums. Would there be demand?
Old 06-24-2008, 06:56 PM   #72
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Learn something new everyday! Who chose the 99 cent price?

I've been directing as many people as I can here through Amazon's forums, so maybe in time there might be an opening for a subscription Kindle Edition. I'll keep pushing on my end.
Old 06-24-2008, 06:59 PM   #73
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

I never bothered with the Amazon offering... 99 cents is the standard price for blogs, right? Seriously, we don't want anyone to pay for this sorts of information.

Thanks for the pointers at the Amazon forums, this is highly appreciated, daffy!
Old 06-28-2008, 09:42 AM   #74
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I think the payment is for the wireless delivery, rather than the information. Data traffic on "Sprint" isn't free, so someone has to pay for it.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 02:37 PM   #75
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I think the payment is for the wireless delivery, rather than the information. Data traffic on "Sprint" isn't free, so someone has to pay for it.
No. Sprint's EVDO network through Whispernet is free. Subscriptions to newspapers cost between $5.99 and $14.99 per month, magazines between $1.25 and $3.49 per month, and blogs for $0.99-$1.99 per month. Part of the payment goes to Amazon, the other to the publisher.
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote