Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats > IMP

Notices

Old 11-02-2009, 03:07 PM   #16
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Sure I think I still have your PM I'll send you the LIT file. I'll also take a look at the Perl file.

On an aside, is there a know tool that knows how to make IMP files without requiring eBookTechnologies?

I know you worked with the EBook-Tools but I don't know how complete of a solution it has because I could never get that tool to work.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 03:32 PM   #17
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
Sure I think I still have your PM I'll send you the LIT file. I'll also take a look at the Perl file.
If not, send it to "nrapallo at yahoo dot ca"

Quote:
On an aside, is there a know tool that knows how to make IMP files without requiring eBookTechnologies?
No, only after installing eBook Publisher by ETI can you make .imp ebooks using their software or COM interface to the PubX.dll/PubUtil22.dll libraries. It can be made to work using wine for Linux and using the Mac OS X software equivalent on the ETI support download page for eBook Publisher.

Quote:
I know you worked with the EBook-Tools but I don't know how complete of a solution it has because I could never get that tool to work.

=X=
The CPAN Ebook-Tools took a different approach where it worked directly with the .imp/.res format to MANIPULATE it but not GENERATE it. It's more of an extraction/tweaking tool than a "to .imp" creation tool.

I don't recall doing anything special to download and install the Ebook-Tools, but do remember the syntax was a bit obscure but powerful. If you want to try it again, just PM and I'll walk you through it as best I can.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2009, 04:10 PM   #18
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Okay I took a look at the Lit2sb tool. This tool does exactly what your Word2Imp and any2imp tool does. That is to use ETI to build an IMP file.

The code however is poorly written and hardcodes everything. In addition it creates an OPF file when it does not need to. I'm thinking this was due to legacy issues but this is no longer a problem and now has become a liability for the tool.

It would be better to just upgraded your any2imp tool to support converting LIT files and not put any effort upgrading this tool.

=X=

Last edited by =X=; 11-02-2009 at 04:14 PM.
Old 11-02-2009, 04:41 PM   #19
nrapallo
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
It would be better to just upgraded your any2imp tool to support converting LIT files and not put any effort upgrading this tool.

=X=
On that point, the any in any2imp refers to the COM interface's MS supported formats like .doc/.rtf/.ppt/ .htm/.txt as well as .opf so any exploded (.lit) directory should be able to be converted to .imp "AS IS" if the .opf is properly written.

Try converting you .lit to .oeb using calibre and feed that .oeb directory's .opf to Any2imp+!

See if that meets your needs...

Last edited by nrapallo; 11-02-2009 at 05:07 PM. Reason: added link to Any2imp+
Old 11-02-2009, 05:35 PM   #20
=X=
Wizard

Yeah, before I my last post #18, I tried exploding a LIT file using clit and running any2IMP. That did resolve 2 of the 3 issues. However the CSS issue is still there and that is going to require the IMP creator tool to scrub the CSS file to make it IMP friendly.

=X=
Advert
Old 11-02-2009, 05:46 PM   #21
nrapallo

Quote:
Yeah, before I my last post #18, I tried exploding a LIT file using clit and running any2IMP. That did resolve 2 of the 3 issues. However the CSS issue is still there and that is going to require the IMP creator tool to scrub the CSS file to make it IMP friendly.

=X=
The main things I change in CSS are:
(1) the <body> style to have small left/right margins via style="margin-left: 2%;margin-right: 2%" and
(2) the "control" for the spacing between paragraphs via style="margin-top: 0;margin-bottom: 1em" for <p>'s or <div>'s used for body text.

This can be done manually for one or two conversions, but the real challenge is reading the html code and trying to "clean up" the right CSS styles to make it more .imp-friendly...