Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 06-22-2010, 06:39 PM   #1
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Sigil 0.2.3

Ah... blog post with details here.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 06:39 PM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
crikey ! already ?? have you given up on sleep altogether ?
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2010, 06:42 PM   #3
Valloric
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
crikey ! already ?? have you given up on sleep altogether ?
It would appear so, yes...
Old 06-22-2010, 07:22 PM   #4
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Just in case nobody else remembers to say it, thank you.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 08:08 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Just in case nobody else remembers to say it, thank you.

Hitch
Yes

So far so good

All my (simple for now) changes have "stuck"
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2010, 08:56 PM   #6
Kivgaen
Enthusiast
Kivgaen will become famous soon enoughKivgaen will become famous soon enoughKivgaen will become famous soon enoughKivgaen will become famous soon enoughKivgaen will become famous soon enoughKivgaen will become famous soon enough

Device: all devices
Looks good to me too -- well done, and thank you!

Only time I encountered a problem with saving is when I forgot that my .epub file was open in Digital Editions again... I really need to stop trying to save over an open document!
Kivgaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 09:20 PM   #7
Valloric

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Yes

So far so good

All my (simple for now) changes have "stuck"
Ducky, you being the lone person who experienced that edit-in-CV-switch-to-BV-changes-gone bug, are you saying that you aren't seeing this anymore? Works as expected?
Old 06-22-2010, 09:37 PM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
Ducky, you being the lone person who experienced that edit-in-CV-switch-to-BV-changes-gone bug, are you saying that you aren't seeing this anymore? Works as expected?
I have not seen it yet .
I only did a few simple edits.
When I triggered it, I was doing many edits, S&R all in the same session.

But what I did just recently did not exhibit the almost 100% failures I was getting with 2.2

(and File saves seem quicker. I tend to do frequent saves because I lost work with an earlier version)
Old 06-22-2010, 09:54 PM   #9
Catire
Lord of the Universe
Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505 / PSP
Thank you valloric!

To everyone: Lets not report bugs for a few weeks so Valloric can rest
Catire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 10:05 PM   #10
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catire View Post
Thank you valloric!

To everyone: Lets not report bugs for a few weeks so Valloric can rest
don't you mean or
Old 06-22-2010, 10:10 PM   #11
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Tsk, forgotten again....

Quote:
Now I know you're not sleeping. I too had the TEFLON CHANGE bug, with CV-to-BV edits disappearing. And thus far today, it's working.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 03:05 AM   #12
Teyrnon
Groupie
Teyrnon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Teyrnon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Teyrnon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Teyrnon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: jetBook, Kindle DX, Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Nook Simple Touch
Linux installer reported success but clicking on the application icon does nothing. I'll look into it more when I have time this weekend.

Running from terminal windows yields up "/opt/sigil/sigil: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.11' not found (required by /opt/sigil/sigil)"

The installer doesn't check dependencies?
Teyrnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 09:55 AM   #13
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teyrnon View Post
Linux installer reported success but clicking on the application icon does nothing. I'll look into it more when I have time this weekend.

Running from terminal windows yields up "/opt/sigil/sigil: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.11' not found (required by /opt/sigil/sigil)"

Did you start it from the /opt/sigil/sigil.sh script? If not, you may have to.
st_albert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 10:00 AM   #14
Poppa1956
Evangelist
Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Verizon Ellipsis Tablit w/Kindle and Nook apps.
Quote:
Ah... blog post with details here.
Vielen Dank
Poppa1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 10:18 AM   #15
Valloric

Quote:
You need at least that version of library, yes.

Quote:
It doesn't do a lot of things it should. I'll be switching from InstallJammer to BitRock soon.