Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 12-14-2009, 04:12 PM   #1
Lilio
Lilio began at the beginning.

Device: nook/BN ereader
New nook owner and will be downloading Calibre

Hello all, I really am new to ereaders, have not even downloaded calibre yet, but plan to do so. I think I will lurk around a while trying to gather some information I will need. I am a techidiot at the beginning of my learning curve on these things. Once I gain some understanding, I'll be back with questions I am sure. In the meantime, having an intro section is very welcoming. Thanks
Lilio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 04:14 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, lilio.

Be sure and check out the wiki section, and download some of the free books available here.

Post back and let us know how you like your nook.

Being a new device, we're all interested in how it performs!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2009, 04:20 PM   #3
Lilio

Haven't gotten my nook yet. I anticipate liking it if it performs like the ereader from BN. I have read a lot of negative stuff though, so time will tell. Thanks for the tip on the Wiki section.
Old 12-14-2009, 05:11 PM   #4
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Lilio, welcome to MR!
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 05:14 PM   #5
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Welcome. Not sure if the nook has been added to calibre yet, you might ask in that section of the forum.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2009, 10:04 PM   #6
Lilio

It said somewhere(?) that nook is supported
Old 12-16-2009, 10:05 PM   #7
Lilio

Thanks!
Old 12-17-2009, 04:29 AM   #8
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Welcome Lilio! The Nook is in the devices list in Calibre.
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 02:59 AM   #9
Lilio

Yes, Javed, I think that is where I saw that nook was supported. "Fully Supported" was the phrase I think. I have been playing with Calibre and finally got my books loaded, then had to remove the duplicates. Got the metadata in place, Now if only my nook would come. My ship date is tomorrow, but some people have had them shipped a week or more later. I hope to get and email tomorrow, uh, well that's today actually. I will let you all know how I like the nook once I get it.