Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 02-23-2009, 12:04 PM   #1
kirwoodd
kirwoodd doesn't litterkirwoodd doesn't litter

Device: kindle 2
Introduction and IT SHIPPED!

Well, I didn't post an intro because I had nothing to say, but NOW....

My kindle 2 shipped this morning!!! Woohoo!

Also,
I am loving this site. I found calibre here and its just great! Sometimes the converter hangs, but overall its awesome, thanks Kovid!
kirwoodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 12:09 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Congratulations and Welcome to MobileRead!
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2009, 12:09 PM   #3
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Hello kirwoodd, let us know how you like your Kindle
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 12:21 PM   #4
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Welcome, Kirwoodd. As in Derby?
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 12:25 PM   #5
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Welcome, Kirwoodd. As in Derby?
Hey, I know who that is!
Advert
Old 02-23-2009, 12:27 PM   #6
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Hey, I know who that is!
Actually it would be a what. The Kirwood Derby is a sought after item in the Rocky and Bullwinkle Universe. Derwood Kirby, otoh, was a poplular entertainer in the early sixties.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 12:28 PM   #7
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Actually it would be a what. The Kirwood Derby is a sought after item in the Rocky and Bullwinkle Universe. Derwood Kirby, otoh, was a poplular entertainer in the early sixties.
You're right, that's who I was thinking of. Sometimes this aging thing sux.
Old 02-23-2009, 01:47 PM   #8
AbFabGab
Gadget-Luster
AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
Welcome kirwoodd.. it's very exciting that you'll have your K2
in hand shortly!

I LOVE Calibre. So far I found it fairly easy to use.

I have a 505 and think it's pretty awesome but I also think that
Kindle has some neat features. Have fun with it!!
AbFabGab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 01:53 PM   #9
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi kirwoodd and welcome to the Forum. Be sure and let us know how you like your K2 when it arrives
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 01:32 PM   #10
kirwoodd
kirwoodd doesn't litterkirwoodd doesn't litter

Device: kindle 2
Quote:
Of course you are correct! Good catch, you are the first to recognize my alter ego!!!!

I
LOVE
MY
KINDLE!
<sigh>
I have 3 issues:
1) the previous page button is so much nicer than the next page button, it just feels better. Possibly caused by the smaller button. No biggy.

2) I would REALLY like folders.

3) STOP TOUCHING MY KINDLE!!! YOU'LL DROP IT!!
kirwoodd is offline   Reply With Quote