Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-20-2012, 10:37 PM   #1
GeckoFriend
Guru
GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad Mini4, Kindle Voyage
Stylus

I just read this on the Sony forum; information provided just for a laugh.

Sony's price for a replacement stylus for the T1 is $39.00. A user posted in the forum because she couldn't believe the price quoted by customer service on the phone and a Sony moderator confirmed that was the correct price.

GeckoFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:46 PM   #2
Tony1988
Guru
Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeckoFriend View Post
I just read this on the Sony forum; information provided just for a laugh.

Sony's price for a replacement stylus for the T1 is $39.00. A user posted in the forum because she couldn't believe the price quoted by customer service on the phone and a Sony moderator confirmed that was the correct price.

Thats pretty good compared to the price of a replacement for the x50's.

Its a bad stylus anyways. I am sure most people tried to find ways to lose it or break it. There are much better stylus out there for about $8 and you get a pack of three. I got some for my 350 and they are excellent.

Last edited by Tony1988; 03-21-2012 at 12:25 AM.
Tony1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2012, 11:03 PM   #3
no.guru
Crazy like a
no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS-350
I liked mine. I held onto it as long as I could, even though I knew it would be lost or left somewhere soon.

A pencil with a soft eraser works much better for me.
no.guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 06:40 AM   #4
bla
E bookworm
bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T1,Android Tablet, I phone
Look in your closet... do you have one of those thick plastic coat hangers? if so cut off a length (to your own taste)and smooth one end.. works great as a replacement stylus I am on my third lol
bla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:11 AM   #5
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
Since the stylus can't be stored in the device anyway on the T!, just use more or less anything. Q-Tips for example work well on my x50 devices, so I imagine they work on the T1 as well. A Nintendo DS stylus probably wotk well too. I buy them on eBay and pay around $3 for 20-30 of them, including worldwide shipping.

$39 for a stylus - that's a bad joke!
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2012, 08:13 AM   #6
slowfax
Connoisseur
slowfax is the One.slowfax is the One.slowfax is the One.slowfax is the One.slowfax is the One.slowfax is the One.slowfax is the One.slowfax is the One.slowfax is the One.slowfax is the One.slowfax is the One.

Device: miflalmXD
What do you do with the stylus? I have still to find a purpose for it. I've got three (or four) of them and never used one of them :-)
If someone wants to have one, I will send it to him or her, if s/he pays the postage (from Germany). Just send a PM.
slowfax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:52 AM   #7
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
When going to/from footnotes I find a stylus helpful.
Marking text is also easier with a stylus, or rather my trusty Q-tip.
I can't say I use it much though.
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:17 AM   #8
GeckoFriend
Guru
GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad Mini4, Kindle Voyage
I usually use a stylus (not necessarily the Sony one) whenever I'm using the keyboard function. My fingers just don't seem to find the correct letters and I find using the stylus much quicker.
GeckoFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 12:31 PM   #9
Skibble
Runs With Scissors
Skibble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skibble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skibble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skibble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skibble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skibble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skibble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skibble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skibble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skibble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skibble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I do a lot of highlighting for proofreading purposes, and the Sony stylus works very well for that, especially since it has a narrower tip than most. But I sure wouldn't pay that price for a replacement!

Glad my Oberon cover is just the right size for the stylus to firmly clip onto. I'm not too worried about losing it.
Skibble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 03:43 PM   #10
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Takes me a while to find the stylus usually I have the Sony lighted cover and the stylus eventually falls off.

Luckily my fingers usually work (unless they are covvered with ketchup).

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 04:19 PM   #11
grumbles
Addict
grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pandigital Novel (Black), T-2 and 3, Nexus 7
Get a length of 3/16" or 1/4" wood, either round or square (square won't roll.) Cut to desired length and insert in electric pencil sharpener. Instant stylus! A very fine point may be transparent/translucent for IR but will work on resistive screens.

If you're comfortable working with metal, aluminium tent pegs work very well. Cut to length and then smooth the end so that it won't scratch. This is my preferred stylus for all readers.
grumbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:18 PM   #12
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by no.guru View Post
I liked mine. I held onto it as long as I could, even though I knew it would be lost or left somewhere soon.

A pencil with a soft eraser works much better for me.
Yeah !! And if you're lucky, you can find some of those children's erasers to go on the end of a pencil - they come in monsters, funny animals, ghosties, all sorts !
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:33 PM   #13
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
I have a Gecko cover for my T1 and in the center of it is a loop to slide the stylus in. Is the stylus really just a piece of molded plastic? I thought there had to be more to it.
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:26 PM   #14
AndrewH
Fanatic
AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, & Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by spindlegirl View Post
Is the stylus really just a piece of molded plastic? I thought there had to be more to it.
Yes, just a piece of molded plastic. Nothing more to it.

Now the stylus for my old 600 was a nice metal with a plastic tip that unscrewed. Turn the tip over and there was a little projection to stick into the reset hole of the reader (and I had to reset my 600 probably a dozen times, so I appreciated that feature). I wish I'd known how underwhelming and cheap the stylus was for the T1, I would have kept the stylus from the 600 when I traded it in!
AndrewH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:41 PM   #15
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
I use an Avery Triple Click. It has a pen, mechanical pencil and stylus. I originally got it because I have trouble holding small pens (with three utensils it's bigger around than most pens) but the stylus works fine with my T1. I have to carry a pen with me anyway so this way I have the stylus too.

I got it here:

http://www.amazon.com/Avery-tripleCL...2466515&sr=8-1
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote