Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 11-11-2007, 02:28 AM   #1
Flogiston
Enthusiast
Flogiston can extract oil from cheeseFlogiston can extract oil from cheeseFlogiston can extract oil from cheeseFlogiston can extract oil from cheeseFlogiston can extract oil from cheeseFlogiston can extract oil from cheeseFlogiston can extract oil from cheeseFlogiston can extract oil from cheese

Device: PRS-500 (RIP), Kindle Keyboard 3g, jetBook Color, Kindle Paperwhite
Hinton, C.H.: An Episode of Flatland. v1. 10 Nov 2007

I've not read this one, but I've been curious about it since I was in high school. I've watched print copies go for $300 or more and not found it in any of the libraries I've lived near. Fortunately, Marcus Rowland of Forgotten Futures uploaded a scan to his website, which is incidentally an excellent page for finding Victorian era adventure and fantasy e-texts of all sorts.

Hinton was of course inspired by Edwin A. Abbott's classic Romance of Many Dimensions (also available on mobile read), but was more interested in developing the mechanics of how a two dimensional world would operate. A. K. Dewdney's novel Planiverse was based on Hinton's model for a 2-D planet.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: lrf An Episode of Flatland.lrf (653.4 KB, 600 views)
Flogiston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 03:26 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Could we have a Mobi version too, please?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2007, 08:57 PM   #3
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
Excellent submission! Hadn't heard of this, but I'm looking forward to reading it. Thanks!!
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote