Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Flea Market

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 11:00 PM   #1
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Sony Reader PRS-505 for sale

If anyone wants to purchase a Sony Reader PRS-505, post in this thread including where you live. I will then take all the names and randomly select one person to win the ability to purchase a PRS-505 for the cost of $350 + shipping + insurance. Next week on Monday October 22nd, I will pick one lucky person. and let you know. If you are using PayPal to pay, there will be a 5% PayPal fee added. And Good Luck!
Old 10-16-2007, 11:23 PM   #2
flumbo
I got nothin...
flumbo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.flumbo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.flumbo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.flumbo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Just curious, what's the advantage of buying a reader from you versus using SonyStyle, Amazon, Borders or other retailers who won't charge an extra transaction fee, have free shipping with insurance included and accept returns?

Is this reader new or used?
Advert
Old 10-17-2007, 02:42 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Don't you think you've set the price a little high, Jon? Sony are selling the 505 for $299.99, and Adorama, who ship internationally, are selling it for $279.99:

http://www.adorama.com/SORDBBL.html

There seems little reason to buy from you at $350 when one can buy from Adorama for $70 less, I'm sure you'll agree!

Best of luck with your sale.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:40 AM   #4
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
"Win the ability"? Is PRS-505 so scarce that people need to compete and pay extra money to get it?
Old 10-17-2007, 10:43 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

This is for people overseas who cannot get a 505 easily.
Advert
Old 10-17-2007, 10:44 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Don't you think you've set the price a little high, Jon? Sony are selling the 505 for $299.99, and Adorama, who ship internationally, are selling it for $279.99:

http://www.adorama.com/SORDBBL.html

There seems little reason to buy from you at $350 when one can buy from Adorama for $70 less, I'm sure you'll agree!

Best of luck with your sale.
Yes, you can get a 505 there if they had any in stock.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:38 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You certainly could this morning, when I posted my message. I'm sure they'll be back in stock in a day or two. But why are you charging $50 more than Sony's list price?
Old 10-17-2007, 12:09 PM   #8
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Well, it's a free market
Old 10-17-2007, 12:13 PM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Absolutely. Jon is of course free to ask whatever he wishes. I was just thinking, though, that he'll stand a lot better chance of successfully selling it if he's asking a similar price to what other sources are charging. As you so rightly say, though, it is indeed a free market .
Old 10-17-2007, 03:34 PM   #10
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
I'm surprised you're selling it. I thought you were rather in love with it, actually.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:09 PM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

I'm not selling it. What I plan on doing is purchasing a 505 for one lucky person from the Sony Style Store. The price is actually not all that much more then what the price I have to pay. And certainly less then most on eBay are charging. I have to pay the price of the 505 plus tax plus the time and effort to actually do this plus the time and effort to go to the store and do this. And I'm not charging some arbitrary amount of shipping that will be more then the actual shipping. So overall, I think it's fair.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:18 PM   #12
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
That's good! For a moment there, I was worried about you, Jon.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:20 PM   #13
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
That's good! For a moment there, I was worried about you, Jon.
Thanks!

I'm not doing this to make money. Just to mainly be nice to one lucky person not in the USA and to recoop my costs. Also I did forget to mention, I'll probably have to pay for packing for this as the only box I have suitable for shipping a 505 is being used when my 500 goes out.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:05 PM   #14
Big B
Big B began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
FYI...I bought my 505 at vanns.com. Free shipping, no tax, and in stock...as of 2 days ago.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:36 PM   #15
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B View Post
FYI...I bought my 505 at vanns.com. Free shipping, no tax, and in stock...as of 2 days ago.
How is that going to do anyone any good who is not in the USA?
Closed Thread