Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-13-2011, 12:03 AM   #16
penguinaka
Quack! Quack!
penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.

Device: kindle 3 & sony daily prs950sc
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiosity View Post
Hey thanks for the reply,

Had more of an opportunity to play with your script, absolutely brilliant.. what a time saver it is.. its almost as if you've read minds and common issues.. Thanks once again..

Will see if I can port your scripts to TotalComander - its worth a look if you like opus I think you may like it as well two very similar apps..

cheers...
If you port it successfully to commander would you post a copy or hit me up i'd like to see it
penguinaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 07:56 PM   #17
raynedrop
raynedrop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raynedrop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raynedrop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raynedrop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raynedrop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raynedrop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raynedrop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raynedrop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raynedrop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raynedrop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raynedrop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD (7in) & Polaroid 7 tablet

THIS ROCKS..i got the OPUS and your info and put it together very quickly and it works like a charm for what I was looking to do. I was trying to figure out HOW to add brackets to all my series info and here was the info I spent two days looking for ..duh!
raynedrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2012, 04:31 AM   #18
curiosity
Nameless Being

Is it possible to repost the plugins somewhere else again

Hi,

Of all the things I have backed up those files were not amongst them - was hoping someone had them better stored than I and if they could be so kind as to upload them somewhere again please.

Filesonic unfortunately has no more public downloads...

Cheers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinaka View Post
Here is a renaming script that I created especially for ebook collectors. Its for use pre-calibre import. I hope you enjoy it! It's shaved hundreds of hours off my time working with my collection pre-import to calibre. Cheers!

Code:
http://www.filesonic.com/file/1578621124
No Need to get an account with filesonic just use free/regular user download

Last edited by kiwidude; 06-12-2012 at 05:03 AM. Reason: Please don't quote entire long posts if not necessary
Old 06-13-2012, 08:01 AM   #19
penguinaka
Quack! Quack!
penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.

Device: kindle 3 & sony daily prs950sc
i'll have to swap that link out until then it can be downloaded here at the directory opus forums. http://resource.dopus.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=14888 let me know if its not the same version you originally had.
penguinaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 04:53 PM   #20
del216
del216 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Strange behavior when importing

Hi All

I've got a wierd one.

I've got an ebook with the file name <title> - <Author>.rtf

With Calibre (can't thank Kovid enough!), I'm noticing something wierd.

with just the default string, I hit the "test" button, and Calibre seems to put the right info into the right fields.

When I cancel out of that config screen, and import the book (either by drag and drop or by using the menu to select it) Calibre seems to pull the text off the first page instead of using the file name.

It doesn't do it for everything, but it does it enough that with a fairly large library, I'm left with quite a bit of manual processing.

I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this issue?

Also, I'm still trying to figure out this REGEX stuff...what would be the expression for something like this:

the Widening Gyre (1983) - Parker_ Robert B - Spenser 10.mobi

I can get the title, and the author (haven't figured out how to swap FN & LN yet), but I can't seem to get the series info parsed.

any help for a n00b? please?
del216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2012, 06:11 PM   #21
curiosity
Nameless Being

Have you set in preferences for calibre to import books using metadata or use file name ?

Under preferences adding books box with read metadata from contents rather than file name...