Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-05-2009, 01:33 PM   #1
yasmeen57
yasmeen57 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
why does html appears as Zip?

Hello to all..
I am using calibre and enjoying cataloging my books but when I add a book with different formats, they come normal except for html, it appears as zip and when I checked my calibre library it was actually in zip file.. why so? and how can I fix it?

Thanks for any help I can get.
yasmeen57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 02:23 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
This is expected behaviour.

When you add a HTML file, calibre scans it for links etc and then loads the HTML page and all associated files (images, stylesheets etc) into the ZIP file.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 04:41 AM   #3
yasmeen57

Thanks for the tip, but is there a way to show as html or keeping it as zip is ok?
Old 10-06-2009, 05:10 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by yasmeen57 View Post
Thanks for the tip, but is there a way to show as html or keeping it as zip is ok?
Keeping it as a zip is the norm. You can convert it with no trouble at all, this is how this software works.

This feature threw me for a loop to the first time I realized it.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 10-06-2009 at 08:36 PM. Reason: spelling error driving me crazy
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 05:30 AM   #5
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
You want to leave it as a ZIP or any associated files would get lost. The ZIP file keeps them all in a single file. I simply assume that a ZIP file is probably a HTML format book.

Anyway - the ZIP file is significantly smaller than the unzipped version which is not a bad thing
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 08:03 AM   #6
Landrovan
Enthusiast
Landrovan began at the beginning.

Device: dr800sg
Quote:
Like other said, keeping it as zip is the better way. On the other hand, if you have problem with the zip, you can disable the pluging HtmlToZip in the preference.
Landrovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 11:25 AM   #7
yasmeen57

Thanks goes to itimpi, landrovan and dwanthny for your help, which really helped me to understand.. I will try to disable the html2zip and see what happens, otherwise its fine with me since you explained it to me... super