Notices

Old 12-07-2006, 08:26 AM   #16
vitualis
vitualis began at the beginning.

Device: ETEN M600, HP rx3715, Sony Reader
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT
I paid $450 + $35 "priority shipping" to the UK, plus another $130 import duties and VAT when it got here; that's a total of $615. I think it was worth every penny .

I got mine from BH Photo Video for $US 350 + the brown soft case for $US 40 and shipping to Australia via UPS Express for $US 49.50.

Total = $439.50 (minus a few cents).

Thankfully, Australia no longer has import duties for low cost items such as these. I love Australia...
vitualis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 10:31 AM   #17
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
But don't you have to hold it upside-down to read it in Australia?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 11:23 AM   #18
geekraver
Addict
geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini,Kindle Paperwhite
You can turn it into landscape mode when displaying PDFs, and then lie on your left side.
geekraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 03:40 PM   #19
praias
praias began at the beginning.

I also just bought a Reader from BH Photo Video - great service although the UPS fee is a bit steep - I live in Sydney, Australia.

I've had a Librie for a couple of years now and have loved using it from day one. It is awesome to travel with and have taken it on Safari in Africa, up Mt Kilimanjaro, hiking and camping - avoids running out of books to read in the evening, even down the beach in Sydney .It has been one of the best purchases I have ever made.

The reader is slightly smaller than the librie and has more of a quality feel to it. Like the instant on feature whereas with the Librie you have to wait for a reboot each time you turn it on.

Books have never been a problem as you can find them online using tools like MIRC. Hopefully Sony will broaden out their range quickly.

Looking forward to a couple of new features in the firmware update!!!

Hey Sony - hurry up and broaden out your distribution to overseas - especially for English speaking countries - there shouldn't be too much of an overhead.
praias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 04:01 PM   #20
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Heh, I don't think it's the overhead stopping them, they're already pretty international. Best guess around here is not having international book distribution rights.

Welcome to MobileRead, praias.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote