Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 02-26-2009, 08:55 PM   #1
shaviro
shaviro began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX graphite
Introduction

My name is Steve and I live in Detroit. I'm interested in ebook reading as a way to cut down on the huge piles of books all over my house.

Right now I sometimes read books with Stanza on my iPhone; and when I had a Palm device I read a lot on it.

But I am seriously thinking about buying a Kindle. So I am hoping to read about the pros and cons of this device on these forums, before I buy.
shaviro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 09:26 PM   #2
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
Welcome to MobileRead, shaviro!

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 09:31 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaviro View Post
My name is Steve and I live in Detroit. I'm interested in ebook reading as a way to cut down on the huge piles of books all over my house.

Right now I sometimes read books with Stanza on my iPhone; and when I had a Palm device I read a lot on it.

But I am seriously thinking about buying a Kindle. So I am hoping to read about the pros and cons of this device on these forums, before I buy.
Welcome to MobileRead, shaviro.

Please keep in mind, the Kindle is just one of many excellent e-book readers out there.

You've come to the right place to search for the perfect one for you.

For starters, look at our E-book matrix here

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/E-book_devices

Haunt the threads, and shout out with questions. You'll get lots of advice and opinions!

Enjoy......
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 01:51 AM   #4
rjlavallee
rjlavallee began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
My name is Ron LaVallee and I live in Arizona in the Winter and Maine in the Summer.

My interests are aviation, photography, computing and of course reading. I now have two Kindles.
rjlavallee is offline   Reply With Quote