Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 06-27-2006, 07:09 AM   #1
dreddengineer
dreddengineer began at the beginning.

Device: acer n311
Converting *.imp to rtf/hmtl/doc

I have a few *.imp e-books (no drm) but no device for them. I want to read them with mobipocket and need to convert them. If I can get them in html, rft doc or something like that i can convert them to mobipocket myself. Can someone help me.
dreddengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 07:57 AM   #2
Liviu_5
Books and more books
Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Nook Color, Itouch, Nokia770, Sony 650, Sony 700(dead), Ebk(given)
Hi,

I am interested too since while I have all my .imp books in open formats (since I never buy them in .imp form to start with), the .imp books are very nicely organized by the Ebookwise Librarian in many useful categories while sometimes I find myself googling my desktop for the open format files.

Unfortunately I do not think that anyone wrote software to convert .imp being such an obscure format and I googled a little bit around. Hope I am wrong though.

Liviu

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreddengineer
I have a few *.imp e-books (no drm) but no device for them. I want to read them with mobipocket and need to convert them. If I can get them in html, rft doc or something like that i can convert them to mobipocket myself. Can someone help me.
Liviu_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 01:48 AM   #3
dreddengineer

Nobody? bump

Is there nobody out there who has any idee?
Old 07-06-2006, 05:19 AM   #4
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I've had some time so I googled on this topic. Unfortunately, noone seems to have come up with a solution to convert IMP content back to something like HTML.

Feel the pain of proprietary e-book formats....
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 09:19 AM   #5
Liviu_5
Books and more books
Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Hi,

I have not been able to find anything either; if you just want to view imp files on a pc there is a free imp viewer from eti.

Liviu
Old 07-06-2006, 10:52 AM   #6
dreddengineer

what's the url

thnx, do you have a url for the free viewer?
Old 07-06-2006, 12:07 PM   #7
Liviu_5
Books and more books

Hi,

Try ebookpublisher from eti:

http://www.ebooktechnologies.com/support.htm

Their viewer displays both imp formats

Liviu

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreddengineer
thnx, do you have a url for the free viewer?