Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-03-2013, 05:17 AM   #16
Lyn2012
Addict
Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPhone 8, iPad Pro
Mine has shipped too, a week after ordering.
Lyn2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 05:44 AM   #17
gargoyle67
Addict
gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura
I wonder if they wait until they have a certain amount of orders for an item and then do a bulk order

Oh and the cynic in me says that I fully expect to see them pop up on ebay while we sit on our hands waiting for ours to be delivered

Last edited by gargoyle67; 11-03-2013 at 05:47 AM.
gargoyle67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 10:41 AM   #18
Nightyume
Addict
Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.

Device: HTC One, Galaxy Note 10.1, Kobo Aura
Mine has shipped too, less than a week after ordering. I don't think they wait for a certain amount of orders to pile up as they have a limited amount of time to process the order and if they don't ship by then the order gets cancelled. But I do think that they wait as long as they can to do as much of a bulk order as they can.

Now to see how long it takes, and how much it bloody costs (import fees in my country are highest for anything (coming) from China. Which is the main reason I did not ship by DHL.
Nightyume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 11:40 AM   #19
Lyn2012
Addict
Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightyume View Post
Now to see how long it takes, and how much it bloody costs (import fees in my country are highest for anything (coming) from China. Which is the main reason I did not ship by DHL.
Is there no minimum figure for which if your items are less then you don't pay duty? In the UK anything less than £18 inc shipping does not get charged duty. Over £18 and from outside the EU, it's import duty plus 20% VAT on top which makes a big difference. If your taxes are even worse, that's really bad.
Old 11-06-2013, 06:11 PM   #20
Nightyume
Addict
Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn2012 View Post
Is there no minimum figure for which if your items are less then you don't pay duty? In the UK anything less than £18 inc shipping does not get charged duty. Over £18 and from outside the EU, it's import duty plus 20% VAT on top which makes a big difference. If your taxes are even worse, that's really bad.
Officially but honestly things in Mexico can be more convoluted than a Gordian Knot (to study a Bachelor's here I had to revalidate and legalize my transcripts/studies from my high school in Canada, which is reasonable, and my junior high...less reasonable but understandable, and my elementary/primary schoo which just had me going)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn2012 View Post
Mine has shipped too, a week after ordering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gargoyle67 View Post
I wonder if they wait until they have a certain amount of orders for an item and then do a bulk order

Oh and the cynic in me says that I fully expect to see them pop up on ebay while we sit on our hands waiting for ours to be delivered
Umm, you should check your order's tracking number. Mine was supposedly sent the same day as yours but I think that was only when it was registered with China Post. Mine wasn't picked up until yesterday...
Old 11-08-2013, 10:39 AM   #21
donnieparker
donnieparker has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.donnieparker has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.donnieparker has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.donnieparker has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.donnieparker has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by thymaster View Post
I have the black sleep cover and I'm returning it and here are my reasons

- I don't like how it doesn't bend backward completely. The point of this is I like to hold my book with one hand only
- When you do bend it backward, the magnet goes off and your reader goes into sleep mode
- Difficult to remove the ereader from the case when you need too
- I tried many possible ways of holding it and I still find it uncomfortable to hold for a long period of time
- Expensive compared to the ones offered on eBay or Alibaba
I have this cover, have been using it for about two months, and bending the cover back NEVER causes the Aura to go into sleep mode. Perhaps you had a defective case?
donnieparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 05:52 AM   #22
selina4books
Addict
selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Glo, & Aura HD, KPW, Nook Glow, Nook HD
I just ordered this one from eBay for $10.99. I got red, they had black and purple too, but they seem to be going fast, only one red one left!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MakeTrack=true
selina4books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 11:30 AM   #23
gargoyle67
Addict
gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

God I'm surprised it took that long to get some decent snap cases on ebay
Old 11-14-2013, 01:53 PM   #24
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie
MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Kobo Aura & Aura H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by selina4books View Post
I just ordered this one from eBay for $10.99. I got red, they had black and purple too, but they seem to be going fast, only one red one left!

Thank you for the heads up on this; I didn't see it last night. Red was what I wanted so I jumped on it and ordered it.
MarciaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 02:37 PM   #25
Nightyume
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by selina4books View Post

That's not going fast, if you check they had one left and had sold only one.

Also it's the same one some of us ordered (slightly cheaper) and shipping from the same place.

Now let's hope it ships faster than ours.

Quote:
God I'm surprised it took that long to get some decent snap cases on ebay
Old 11-14-2013, 04:07 PM   #26
gargoyle67
Addict

Yup still waiting........zzzzzzz
Old 11-15-2013, 04:23 AM   #27
gargoyle67
Addict

Great success my life is now complete

Comparison shot of my old Kindle case new one on the right

Fits nice and tight !

Back:

Port side:

On/Off:

I would have liked another nice brown one but black will do until the other colors become more readily available, The sleep mode is great btw
Old 11-15-2013, 06:19 AM   #28
Lyn2012
Addict

Quote:
I would have liked another nice brown one but black will do until the other colors become more readily available, The sleep mode is great btw
It looks great; what a difference in size in comparison with the PW - I had the same case for my PW1. Now I wish my new case would hurry up and get here, just checked and China post says it has arrived in the UK but the UK post can't find any information. Fingers crossed it arrives soon, on Sunday it will be 3 weeks since I ordered it.

I keep looking out on ebay for other colours, but haven't found any yet. I missed the one listed above, probably because it isn't available to the UK.
Old 11-15-2013, 09:51 AM   #29
gargoyle67
Addict

Thanks Lyn,
I think you ordered yours a few days after mine so yours should be with you shortly fingers crossed
Old 11-15-2013, 10:17 AM   #30
Nightyume
Addict

Quote:

May I say I hate you? A hate fueled by envy

And the Aura looks so cure beside the paperwhite.

I just wish I knew in what country mine currently is. All I know is that it has left China and has not officially arrived in Mexico according to the tracking number.

Yeah, you ordered before us, but if I remember correctly they were all shipped at the same time.