Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-31-2013, 08:37 PM   #1
nogle
Gangnam style!
nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Kobo Windows 8 App

I bought a rather sizable book from Kobo. As a pBook, it weighs a good 10-15 lbs; many thousands of pages etc. Just the sort of thing that e reading is made for.

The book installed just fine on my Touch. It also installed fine in the desktop program on my Windows XP desktop. On my Windows Surface RT, I have the Kobo app installed and several books have downloaded successfully. But this particular book just hangs when I try to download it. I tried leaving it to download over night, but still nothing.

My immediate work around is to download the ePub and install an ePub reader. Anyone have any suggestions?
nogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 10:00 PM   #2
theonna
One
theonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melon

Device: Sony, Kindle,Pocketbook, Nook...
Quote:
Originally Posted by nogle View Post
The book installed just fine on my Touch. <...>Anyone have any suggestions?
Attach your Touch to the computer and copy the file over?
theonna is offline   Reply With Quote