Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-25-2013, 11:22 AM   #16
Uschiekid
Tenrec
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo
This should give you free japanese books offered through kobo:

http://www.kobobooks.com/search/sear...ne&g=both&l=ja

You can also get newspapers in japanese, by using calibre and going into Fetch News. Go to the Japanese section and pick when to download, or just download a copy immediately.

Note the issues with mainichi and the fix in this thread...other japanese newspapers seemed to work fine.

Edit: the kobo books may not be anything that interests you, but since you said you wanted it for testing, I figured I'd supply that source anyway. There may be someone out there who knows a free japanese books source that is good....so chime in if you're that someone!

Last edited by Uschiekid; 05-25-2013 at 11:28 AM.
Uschiekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 02:58 PM   #17
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quexos View Post
Could someone show me where I could get free e-books in Japanese ? I am curious to see how Japanese text displays on my Aura
On the web site, click on "go", then select Japanese as language (left side) and finally use the "free" filter. At least, that's how I do it
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 03:19 PM   #18
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uschiekid View Post
Edit: the kobo books may not be anything that interests you, but since you said you wanted it for testing, I figured I'd supply that source anyway. There may be someone out there who knows a free japanese books source that is good....so chime in if you're that someone!
青空文庫 (あおぞらぶんこ) is the Japanese Project Gutenberg
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 04:13 PM   #19
Uschiekid
Tenrec
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhy View Post
青空文庫 (あおぞらぶんこ) is the Japanese Project Gutenberg
Cool!

Old 05-25-2013, 04:15 PM   #20
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
You can find a sample epub with vertical writing and furigana here.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 07:17 PM   #21
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Yes I did say that and this is perfect.
Thank you very much Uschiekid San
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uschiekid View Post

This could come in handy too, thanks !
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
You can find a sample epub with vertical writing and furigana here.

Last edited by Quexos; 05-25-2013 at 07:20 PM.
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 11:23 PM   #22
Uschiekid
Tenrec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quexos View Post
Yes I did say that and this is perfect.
Thank you very much Uschiekid San
Dou itashimashite!